Setup/Install Behind Router

• I know its not supported but is there anything different need to be done to setup behind a router

I have static IP set in router
    Im using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
    installed with 1.0.3.0 then updated to 1.1.0-rc3 had no issues with either one
    I have opened all ports listed in service ports except ones listed as localhost
    I checked all ports to make sure they were open and they are
    I am able to see the install with IP but not able to see it with Domain

• I am able to see the install with IP but not able to see it with Domain

Sounds like a DNS problem. Did you configure the DNS settings of your domain to resolve to your (external) IP address?

• Sounds like a DNS problem. Did you configure the DNS settings of your domain to resolve to your (external) IP address?

Yes name server was registered ns1 and ns2 to static IP and ns1 and ns2 set for domain to point to created name server that is registered with domain provider

Edited once, last by DZII ().

• Take a look in your access Logfiles of the apache when you are using DNS. If you see nothing you need to check the Ports on your router

I have looked in /var/log/apache2/access.log nothing seems to be wrote to that file
    I have doubled checked ports in router and using a web based port checker and 53 is open

• Hello ;

Teamviewer ?

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Fixed. Please confirm and mark this thread as resolved.

The problem was due to the following:

• Port forwarding on the router: Port 53 was set to TCP only (UDP is needed for DNS service)
    • i-MSCP dns template files were not modified (eg: private IP must be replaced by the public IP)

All is working now.

Thank you for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• Yes fixed I did not think about setting UDP also in router for Port 53 and I would have never figured out the templates that quick

Thanks for every ones help Especially Nuxwin

Edited once, last by DZII ().