First report on updating

• not a bug ....

works find with a fresh install of ISPCP 1.0.7 and upgrade to I-MSCP 5332[hr]

use pma to fix this. I`ll think on what can be the problem, but i really suspect something with your server (mysql, perl, perl modules openvz container etc).Until then we wait and see if anybody report same problem

@ daniel

test with a fresh install of ISPCP 1.0.7 on a fresh server (openvz debian 6) upgrade to i-mscp trunk 5332 -------> same problem with proftpd[hr]
    correction

not the same problem with proftpd : in pma the login vftp works on the fresh test server. but the respon client FTP is same.[hr]
    It's works if i change the FTP password user to the panel[hr]
    migration script going to make me crazy.

in the vm test (copy prodution) i have test the trunk 5332 and i have not the problem with proftpd all user account works
    but on the vm fresh install of ispcp 1.0.7 -> FTP password user are wrong [hr]
    No big bug found, sorry daniel

good job

Debian 6 with proxmox 2 - OpenVZ - KVM
    I-mscp 1.0.3.0 migrate from ispcp 1.0.7
    dovecot + zarafa + z-push + maia mail guard + apacheITK

Edited once, last by krok ().

• in the vm test (copy prodution) i have test the trunk 5332 and i have not the problem with proftpd all user account works
    but on the vm fresh install of ispcp 1.0.7 -> FTP password user are wrong

Thats weird. I want you to ask if you can do a test:
    Test if it work before migration. Look at table ftp_users -> passwd and save string before migration. Perform a migration check if password is changed (should be same). Test if work. Replace password with same password (string should change). Test if it work. In migration process ftp password are not modified, and as long as as vftp user has access to database user should be able to login.
    Also kill proftpd, start it with

Code
    1. proftpd -d -n 5

and try to login (after a migration that result in a non working passwords).
    Post here output.

• the solution is very simple :

Restart proftpd after the setup script and Work fine

the setup sript does not stop and start services ?[hr]
    DOVECOT :

dovecot don't work

/etc/init.d/dovecot restart
    Restarting IMAP/POP3 mail server: dovecotLast died with error (see error log for more information): Auth process died too early - shutting down
    If you have trouble with authentication failures,
    enable auth_debug setting. See http://wiki.dovecot.org/WhyDoesItNotWork
    This message goes away after the first successful login.

Sep 28 18:37:02 vm4 dovecot: dovecot: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=7023 uid=0 code=kill)
    Sep 28 18:37:02 vm4 dovecot: Dovecot v1.2.15 starting up (core dumps disabled)
    Sep 28 18:37:02 vm4 dovecot: auth(default): Fatal: mysql: Missing value in connect string: default_pass_scheme
    Sep 28 18:37:02 vm4 dovecot: dovecot: Fatal: Auth process died too early - shutting down
    Sep 28 18:37:11 vm4 dovecot: Dovecot v1.2.15 starting up (core dumps disabled)
    Sep 28 18:37:11 vm4 dovecot: auth(default): Fatal: mysql: Missing value in connect string: default_pass_scheme
    Sep 28 18:37:11 vm4 dovecot: dovecot: Fatal: Auth process died too early - shutting down

i test login to pma with dovecot_user and work (password to /etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-sql.conf is OK)

• Restart problem sopose to be fixed by last trunk.

• badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• i have test trunk 5332[hr]
    an idea for dovecot ?

• There are 2 files to check:
    dovecot-dict-sql.conf and dovecot-sql.conf. Credential should look same. Also try a manual restart for dovecot. Also check in database if passwords are decrypted. Take a look al mail.* (maybe syslog / daemon.log for more detailed error).

• i have post the error of restart dovecot and the syslog at the same time

i have test credential of config into pma and it works

DOVECOT :

dovecot don't work

/etc/init.d/dovecot restart
    Restarting IMAP/POP3 mail server: dovecotLast died with error (see error log for more information): Auth process died too early - shutting down
    If you have trouble with authentication failures,
    enable auth_debug setting. See http://wiki.dovecot.org/WhyDoesItNotWork
    This message goes away after the first successful login.

Sep 28 18:37:02 vm4 dovecot: dovecot: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=7023 uid=0 code=kill)
    Sep 28 18:37:02 vm4 dovecot: Dovecot v1.2.15 starting up (core dumps disabled)
    Sep 28 18:37:02 vm4 dovecot: auth(default): Fatal: mysql: Missing value in connect string: default_pass_scheme
    Sep 28 18:37:02 vm4 dovecot: dovecot: Fatal: Auth process died too early - shutting down
    Sep 28 18:37:11 vm4 dovecot: Dovecot v1.2.15 starting up (core dumps disabled)
    Sep 28 18:37:11 vm4 dovecot: auth(default): Fatal: mysql: Missing value in connect string: default_pass_scheme
    Sep 28 18:37:11 vm4 dovecot: dovecot: Fatal: Auth process died too early - shutting down

i test login to pma with dovecot_user and work (password to /etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-sql.conf is OK)

• Don't worry friend ; I'll re-come asap with you. I must finish all my tickets before.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206