Errata for release 1.1.0-rc2.1

• [size=large]Errata for release 1.1.0-rc2.1 (including Fast bugfix releases 1.1.0-rc2.*)[/size]

This is a list of known issues in i-MSCP 1.1.0-rc2.1. If you have experienced a problem while installing or running i-MSCP and do not see your problem listed here, please send us an report describing the problem or check the forum for other known problems.

[size=medium]Distribution using a grsecurity patched Kernel[/size]

i-MSCP requires access to some files under the /dev and /proc directories. Because permissions on that folders are restricted when using a grsecurity patched kernel, i-MSCP will not work as expected:

• i-MSCP will not be able to show information about memory consumption and file system
    • Feature allowing to add/update IP addresses from the frontEnd will not work.

[size=medium]Distribution without IPV6 support[/size]

This release, as the previous, do not support distribution for which ipv6 (at kernel level) is not available. This will be fixed in later release.

[size=medium]Proftpd - Unable to register 'memcache'[/size]

On some distributions, you can get such warning when starting or restarting Proftpd

Code
    1. [....] Starting ftp server: proftpdwheezy proftpd[3648]: mod_tls_memcache/0.1: notice: unable to register 'memcache' SSL session cache: Memcache support not enabled

To avoid this, simply disable the module mod_tls_memcache.c by commenting it in the /etc/proftpd/modules.conf file. This module is not needed with iMSCP, and by disabling it, you will not have any problem

[size=medium]Update from previous i-MSCP version[/size]

Before extracting the new i-MSCP release archive, you must not forget to remove the old imscp folder. If you do not this, the old and new files will be merged in old imscp folder and you will be unable to update. Instead, you will get a fatal error.

Edit: Fixed in 1.1.0-rc2.2 release. Extracted folder is now named with release name (eg. imscp-1.1.0-rc2.2)

[size=medium]Web folders management[/size]

This release include major changes for Web folders management. An option is now provided, which allow to protect Web folders using extended attributes (immutable flag).

Because the update path was not ready to be included in this release, all existent Web folders still unprotected after update. This mean that customers are free to delete/rename any default file/directory as created by i-MSCP. It's the responsibility of the administrator and its resellers to warn the customers. In any case, you can refer to that thread for more information about Web folders management: http://forum.i-mscp.net/Thread…nt-master?action=lastpost

Thank you for using i-MSCP.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().