Support for nginx as reverse proxy

• Hello,

Any chance to implement nginx as reverse proxy?
    The thing is popular for popular websites and implementing it is lowering the server load.

• Hello ;

An addon will be available as soon as possible for NGINX.

Thank you for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• I've done a small write up on how to get it working, you can use this till Nuxwin has made an addon, if it's not already done ;)
    http://www.c0urier.net/2013/i-mscp-nginx-proxy

There is no guarantee it will work for you, but it works for me and I know Nuxwin has tested it as well.

• Hehe ;-). Better be honest, dzchimp didn't get it working. So it's not for everyone it seems :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

dzchimp :D :D :D Star Wars is another world

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• dzchimp :D :D :D Star Wars is another world

hehe. I put Varnish in front of Apache often with i-MSCP, and it's pretty simple, change some apache files in i-mscp parts, and one or two bits in the perl script regarding the port change. not sure if it should be plug-in or i-mscp setup option, or anything. but it's a great performer :)

• hehe. I put Varnish in front of Apache often with i-MSCP, and it's pretty simple, change some apache files in i-mscp parts, and one or two bits in the perl script regarding the port change. not sure if it should be plug-in or i-mscp setup option, or anything. but it's a great performer :)

I think the difference is, that vanish is a caching tool and ngix only a performance booster. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

• nginx is supposed to handle requests faster than apache, and does. it also does (static file) caching and load balancing and other things. varnish is an accelerator, doing caching and can do load balancing as well. it can handle some extreme load. just an option, i find it the best accelerator with apache, nginx has benefits too. building it in as an option would just save time for config, but it's not much work anyway :)

• Hi,

Any news regarding this. Do you have a timeframe for an add-on for nginx or varnish.

[c0urier] I tried your step by step dooing on a ubuntu installation. Did not work, actually it crashed the whole setup of IMSCP (just an apache error "not found" screen at the end).
    I can't show you because the server has been deleted. Sorry.

Concrete5 Denmark - CMS til alle
    --------------------------
    Michael Jensen-Maar
    Concrete5 Danmark

--------------------------