Mail server reverse DNS problems

• Hi all,

I've got the following problem and looking to find a work around.

My ISP is pretty lame and don't run their own DNS servers. They have assigned me a fixed IP address but can't create obviously a PRT reserve DNS entry for me. Im running I-MSCP and my mail server is being reject by many hosts due to not having a reverse dns lookup entry. Is there any workaround for this as my ISP told me it will take a long time for them to setup their DNS own server.

Cheers.

• Is there a way I can configure I-MSCP to forward all email to another I-IMCP server which has a correct PRT record setup? So mine won't be the internet facing email server?

Regards,

Rob

• Ok. So I could use my server to receive incoming mail without the PRT record and for all outgoing relay it to my mates server¿?

@KE, Do I would need to add my mates email server domain name to the SPF record for all my domains I host? Can this be done vis the DNS modifiers in the control panel?

• I gave you the right solution in my first answer to your question.

As far as I can see, you like having problems or to invent some new ways to find new methods to generate problems.

The standard SPF record permits e-mail sending through the server itself, if you want to add a relay you have to tell the SPF record that this relay exists. There are some ways in order to achieve that, through IP, through name, through include, etc.

I don't know what you are doing, I don't know which is the actual situation, I don't know your actual structure. You are the person in charge, you are the person who should know what's happening… At least, you should be the person (as a system administrator) who should know how SMTP (and all dependencies like SPF, DKIM, DNS, etc.) protocol works.

• I gave you the right solution in my first answer to your question.

As far as I can see, you like having problems or to invent some new ways to find new methods to generate problems.

The standard SPF record permits e-mail sending through the server itself, if you want to add a relay you have to tell the SPF record that this relay exists. There are some ways in order to achieve that, through IP, through name, through include, etc.

I don't know what you are doing, I don't know which is the actual situation, I don't know your actual structure. You are the person in charge, you are the person who should know what's happening… At least, you should be the person (as a system administrator) who should know how SMTP (and all dependencies like SPF, DKIM, DNS, etc.) protocol works.

Kess, There is no need to be condescending. I'm merely asking for help, changing ISP is not an option hence why I was questioning SMTP relaying to another server which has its PRT and everything else correctly setup.