Postfix main.cf/master.cf changes

• Sorry if this is the wrong subforum for my question.

I'm currently trying to make some changes to my system which requires changes to /etc/postfix/master.cf and /etc/postfix/main.cf

The configs already state in the header that changes there will be overwritten and it seems like postfix doesn't read .local files.

What other options do I have to change the files without doing the changes over and over again after upgrades?

I'm running Debian 10 with i-MSCP 1.5.3-maintenance (21.10.19) in case thats important.

• That version isnt meant for stable enviroments right now and not fully supported as far as I remember.

Every part which is included in i-MSCP will be overwritten if you upgrade i-MSCP or if you do changes to it via command line.

There is a way to include additional files, I already did it like that and it requires like 1 minute with google/whatsoever.

Have a nice day. :)

• The answer: https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…tfix/10_postfix_tuning.pl

Bsically put, you add your changes through the listener file which need to be stored in the /etc/imscp/listeners.d directory with the ownership/permissions root:imscp 0640

Once you have edited the listener file to add your postfix changes, you need reconfigure i-mscp: perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-reconfigure -danv

By using this listener file, your changes will be persistent, even if you update/reconfigure i-MSCP.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Nuxwin

Added the Label question (answered)