Potential bug on SQL Backup when doing upgrade from old (really old) version

• Hi Nuxwin ,

I got this exact same issue as described there : IMSCP 1.4.0 backup error

I did the upgrade from 1.3.1 version to latest, and during this process, we get ride of the root MySQL user (get deleted and everything else, which is fine for me, root bring so much risks).

After that, all i-mscp process using SQL connection should pass through imscp_user (right ?), but as some may have a "/root/.my.cnf" file with root credential, all new SQL backup will fail :'(

I was wondering if checking that the file exist on the system, if we should not "delete" (=> brutal) or "rename" (=> safer) it during any imscp (re)configuration process ?

• Good morning,

Normally, the SQL root user is not removed. We just don't use it. If that user was fully removed by i-MSCP while upgrading (you need have look at the mysql.user table), there is surely a bug somewhere. Regarding the /root/.my.cnf file, we don't handle it because there are some people that need it.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hummm, really odd so.

When I did the upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.3.16 (then 1.4.7 and finally, 1.5.3), root user got always deleted (don't ask me why, I never check that).

Most of the time, I did recreate the root user on the SQL server, but as far as I remember, each time I did an upgrade, it get wiped-out.

Like I told you in private, I'm going to fully reinstall my server, maybe something is wrong on it, I really don't know, but if you tell me it's not deleted by the setup, well, must be my server and in that case, forget this message :D

• When I did the upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.3.16 (then 1.4.7 and finally, 1.5.3), root user got always deleted (don't ask me why, I never check that).

There was a bug in a previous i-MSCP version which has been normally fixed in the 1.5.3 version. You didn't updated to the 1.5.3 version and so, this can explain the situation.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• FloRet88

Added the Label patched