Move to new server, but do not use local bind

• I want to move my installation to a new server.

However, on the new server I do not want to run bind locally, and will instead use the DNS services of my ISP.

1. Is there anything I must do/not do when moving my data across to the new server
    2. On the new server, when installing i-mscp, how do I configure it to not install and use local bind.

NOTE : One of the reasons I do not want to use the local bind is the issues I have had with some key clients that uses my server for their web hosting, but used another service provider for their emails.

• I do it ever since. Just leave the bind alone, change /etc/resolv.conf according to your needs.

When there might be a solution that 2 i-MSCP will play nicely together als master/slave I'll give it a try, but so for I stay mit my registrars DNS.

• I do it ever since. Just leave the bind alone, change /etc/resolv.conf according to your needs.

When there might be a solution that 2 i-MSCP will play nicely together als master/slave I'll give it a try, but so for I stay mit my registrars DNS.

When you install i-MSCP, several dialogs boxes are presented to you for the DNS server. One of them ask you which server you want to use. Currently, you have choice between Bind9 and external server. If you choose external server, bind9 will not be installed. You can also change that by using reconfiguration option: imscp-autoinstall --debug --reconfigure named

However, even if you install bind9, you should normally be able to activate external mail feature for a specific domain (including subdomains). This can be done through the customer interface when the external mail feature is enabled for it. Then, once activated, the customer need to add its own DNS MX record (with highter priority) through the custom DNS record interface.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206