Stuck with "Modification in progress..."

• After editing a customer, the status in the userlist is shown as "Modification in progress..." but nothing happens.

Under System Tools -> Debugger it shows "Pending tasks (2)", but the tasks are not executed.

In the logfiles (/var/log/imscp) I can not find any helpful information.

How can I check what causes the tasks to hang?

Thank you, Sven.

• Please, read carrefully: Reporting rules - Reminder

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hi,

this was primarily a question regarding the location of logfiles or any other way to check the status of the system (i.e., what causes tasks to not execute).

• You must ensure that the problem has not been already reported on our issue tracker
      • Your Youtrack license has expired
    • You must ensure that the problem is not already fixed in latest released version or development branch of latest i-MSCP Serie (meaning that if you use an old i-MSCP version, you must first try to upgrade to latest stable version)
      • Not sure, because I have no idea what the issue is exactly. I was hoping to get a short hint how to find this out.
    • You must be sure that you system is up-to-date
      • Debian 9.4 (apt upgrade -> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded)
      • i-MSCP 1.5.3
    • You must create your own thread to avoid to pollute other discussions and don't interfer in other discussion when that is not necessary or even worse, when that would just to arguing against an answer that you previously received in your own thread
      • I did that
    • You must create exactly one thread per problem
      • I did
    • You must post in the correct section on our forums, in the expected language
      • I hope I did
    • You must give us the following informations:

• Your Distribution and its codename
        • Debian Stretch (9.4)
      • The i-MSCP version in use
      • The i-MSCP server implementation in use for the concerned service (for instance: ITK, Fcgid, PHP-FPM, Proftpd, Vsftpd ...)
        • php-fpm, vsftpd, bind, postfix, dovecot, external mariadb
      • The PHP version in use if your problem belongs to PHP
      • The browser in use if your problem belongs to control panel interface
        • Firefox 61.0 on Arch Linux
      • The plugin name and its version if your problem belongs to a plugin
        • N/A
      • A understandable description of the problem
        • After editing a customer, the status in the userlist shows "Modification in progress..." but nothing happens. This is the status for 24h now. Under System Tools -> Debugger it shows "Pending tasks (2)", but the tasks are not executed, even if I click the "Execute tasks" button. In the logfiles (/var/log/imscp) I can not find any helpful information, even after enabling DEBUG mode, restarting imscp_daemon and imscp_panel, and again pressing the "Execute tasks" button. I was hoping to get a hint how to debug such a problem. I.e. how do I get detailled logs of pending tasks that do not execute?
      • The service logs (generally located under /var/log) if any
        • empty
      • The exact steps to reproduce the problem
        • Edit a customer, change max number of FTP accounts, DB accounts, and quota
      • The full output of the perl /var/www/imscp/engine/imscp-rqst-mngr -v command if the problem relate to status that is in hanging state
        • [DEBUG] iMSCP::Bootstrapper::boot: Booting backend....
          [DEBUG] iMSCP::LockFile::acquire: Acquiring exclusive lock on /var/lock/imscp.lock
      • If an exception is throw by the control panel, you need report us the exact exception message. For that, you need first enable the debug mode in the /etc/imscp/imscp.conf file
        • sadly no exception, which would help me debug the problem

I assume "perl /var/www/imscp/engine/imscp-rqst-mngr -v" is the hint I was looking for.

The command hangs with Acquiring exclusive lock on /var/lock/imscp.lock

Is it possible to just remove the lock file?

• Fixed it by removing all .lock files in /var/lock, restarting all imscp_* services, and re-running perl /var/www/imscp/engine/imscp-rqst-mngr -v

Still, I'm wondering why this happened.

Request to close the issue.

• Fixed it by removing all .lock files in /var/lock, restarting all imscp_* services, and re-running perl /var/www/imscp/engine/imscp-rqst-mngr -v

Still, I'm wondering why this happened.

Request to close the issue.

You must never remove the lock files without first be sure that there are not already running processes relative to these lock files. Instead of removing those lock files in blinding edge, you should have check the list of running processes. i-MSCP pose a lock for some processes to prevent unwanted concurrent tasks. Please, check the list of running i-MSCP processes now to be sure that none of them are left in inconsistent state. There is many i-MSCP processes involved...

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Nuxwin

Closed the thread.
  • Nuxwin

Added the Label solved