MX and DNS Management

• I would appreciate if I could change DNS and MX information. MX is more important, let me share a scenario for better understanding.

• I cannot host my emails to 3rd party email service.
    • If I manage the DNS externally, there is another problem. Say my domain is abc.net is hosted on i-mscp and all my email users are with 3rd party email service provider. Now say my contact us page supposed to send emails to [email protected] but as the email account is not on the i-mscp server, it fails to deliver the message.

If I could put my MX record, these would not happen.

Any suggestions?

• I would appreciate if I could change DNS and MX information. MX is more important, let me share a scenario for better understanding.

You can already change the MX records through the custom DNS interface of your customers...

In order, you need to activate external feature for the customer (reseller level) and at the customer level, add your own MX record through the custom DNS interface.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Sorry, did not understand this. Can you please point me to a guide I can follow in order to learn the steps?

• Search on our forums. We already answered that question several times.

• Apologies for bothering you again and again. I did look for this both here and Google but could not locate anything easy. I see some instructions to change code or something. Would really appreciate if you could hint where to look.

By the way, can I do this from web interface or have to change from backend (terminal)?

• By the way, can I do this from web interface or have to change from backend (terminal)?

In order, you need to activate external feature for the customer (reseller level) and at the customer level, add your own MX record through the custom DNS interface.

Frontend.

• You mean this article?

I actually did not understand anything there or any solution given. However I could not find anything else on my search:

• badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Appreciate your response.

I think a feature to be able to modify DNS from i-MSCP would be a good add on.

PS: To support this project I will buy PHP switcher plug-in.

• Appreciate your response.

I think a feature to be able to modify DNS from i-MSCP would be a good add on.

PS: To support this project I will buy PHP switcher plug-in.

The images posted by @Nuxwin, comes from i-MSCP frontend. So you are able to modify your custom DNS records ! No addons necessary !