DNS Complete Zone Editor

• Hi guys,
    Do you think is possible to make a plugin to edit the full zone of one domain ?

Thanks.

• Not really :) . I suppose this can be done through mysql or something like this with field check.
    I-mscp has already custom dns records. If i think now , I kind off posted incorrectly here.
    Anyway Bind is ignoring out of zone and starts and user should be responsible on what he does with his domain .

Edited once, last by dracmic ().

• Sure, I know you don't want it to be unchecked :angel:
    But the point is: did you, at least once, reflect this from the programmer's side? I mean: it's pretty hard to check this. If you want to add an full text editor, it's not just regular expressions you have to use. You have to check the stuff syntactically! And don't forget: misconfiguration can finally lead to a non-starting bind.

So in the end: this is not a good idea because it's just not manageable. If you're the administrator, it's absolutely no problem to add stuff manually in the zonefiles. So why do you want to make things harder? :-)

But the point is: did you, at least once, reflect this from the programmer's side? I mean: it's pretty hard to check this. If you want to add an full text editor, it's not just regular expressions you have to use. You have to check the stuff syntactically! And don't forget: misconfiguration can finally lead to a non-starting bind.

So in the end: this is not a good idea because it's just not manageable. If you're the administrator, it's absolutely no problem to add stuff manually in the zonefiles. So why do you want to make things harder? :-)

Hello ;

We can provide full raw edition and check using named tools.

Thank you for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

From my knowledge , bind ignores zone files with errors , so if you put an "advertise" that user is responsible and to look better before making the modifications to announce him that domain will not work for him.

Later Edit:
    Thanks Nuxwin

Edited once, last by dracmic ().