Migration-Problem Addons::roundcube::installer::_createDatabase:

• Quote from Nuxwin

Hello ;

You should not install roundcube manually. Well, install teamviewer and PM me, I'll help you to fix.

Thank you for using i-MSCP.

Thank you, your proposal to help is very very gratly and a masterpice of service ans support and is unparalleled in commercial software let alone in OSS - thousend thanks!
    But it is all o.k. - roundcube runs very good as far as I can tell so far. I've not manual installed, I've only corrected some "misformed" configuration.

The database has ben installed right from the installer/updater script, but there where some mistakes or unfunctional parts in the main.inc.php from that in the installer builded roundcube dir. The hints from the wiki-article about the manual installation did only help find the right positions an statements to correct.
    In detail I did the following:

main.inc.php from /var/www/imscp/gui/public/tools/webmail/config

Code
    1. $rcmail_config['imap_auth_type'] = LOGIN; (there was 'nul' in the installed)$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'localhost'; (there was the fqdn in the installed)$rcmail_config['smtp_server'] = 'localhost'; (the same as previously)

and in the /var/www/fcgi/master/php5/php.ini

Code
    1. magic_quotes_gpc = off (there was a void value in the installed)

Then I copied the main.inc.php in the /etc/imscp/roundcube/working directory, because I think, that a new Update does change that...(I think to remember that this shold be done of recent ispcp-times :huh:

And now all thinks seem to be fine.
    Thank you again for your quick an professionell help - this is very nice and makes me happy. I believe and wish, that you get back that in your life...
    As I said, if I do not come clear again, I'll cry :P

• The hints from the wiki-article about the manual installation did only help find the right positions an statements to correct.
    In detail I did the following:

main.inc.php from /var/www/imscp/gui/public/tools/webmail/config

Code
    1. $rcmail_config['imap_auth_type'] = LOGIN; (there was 'nul' in the installed)$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'localhost'; (there was the fqdn in the installed)$rcmail_config['smtp_server'] = 'localhost'; (the same as previously)

The value from installer are ok as long you setup your DNS correctly. localhost as value for these parameters work only because the imap and smtp servers are on the same server.

Code

I'll check about this issue. ;)

Thank you for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Quote from Nuxwin

The value from installer are ok as long you setup your DNS correctly. localhost as value for these parameters work only because the imap and smtp servers are on the same server.

Thanks, that's right, I've testet and it runs. I find the use of the FQDN as well better...
    Nevertheless the first line must be

Code
    1. $rcmail_config['imap_auth_type'] = LOGIN;

with the default value "nul" comes the failure and login is not possible.

Code

Quote from Nuxwin

I'll check about this issue. ;)

Thanks - then shoult it complete solved I think.

Edited once, last by hempelr ().

• Re ;

I'll fix ASAP.

Thank you for your reports.

• Nevertheless the first line must be

Code
    1. $rcmail_config['imap_auth_type'] = LOGIN;

with the default value "nul" comes the failure and login is not possible.

I cannot confirm with last master. I can connect to the webmail even if the value is set to 'null'. What message you are receiving exactly? Normally, when using 'null', roundcube will use the best auth type. What imap server are you using? Dovecot ? Courier ?

Code

I cannot confirm with last master. Default value is set to 'Off' in all php.ini files provided by i-MSCP. This value is not dynamically defined.

Thanks you for using i-MSCP

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• Thanks that you looked at the problem...

Today, better a hour ago I'd made a new update with pull from git - and some new problems occured.

First no service was running after update, probably because fail2ban did ban ssh and courier-auth on his own FQDN, why ever:huh:, but I unbanned successfull manual and the services where again back.
    Web is ok, Mail can be sent and received both local client and webmail.
    But I did the changings as before...

Just in time I'd revert back to the original main.inc.php - webmail, btw roundcube is o.k., as you said before.

A complete other problem exist after the last update, the language can't be changed, why ever...(I'm a german and like it in my motherlanguage :sleepy:

I could the installer only persuad to run with the -s option, otherwise a failure came, because it wold deinstall php5-fpm or so, I'd never installed that becaus i-mscp runs with fcgi.

Things are sometimes crazy...

EDIT:
    Only the admin can't get it in german language, the reseller(s) and user(s) have their native german surface...???

A complete other problem exist after the last update, the language can't be changed, why ever...(I'm a german and like it in my motherlanguage :sleepy:

You need to change the language in your Profile. ;) (rechts oben :))

• I could the installer only persuad to run with the -s option, otherwise a failure came, because it wold deinstall php5-fpm or so, I'd never installed that becaus i-mscp runs with fcgi.

Oups... An error from my side. I'll review.

• You need to change the language in your Profile. ;) (rechts oben :))

Oh my god - sometimes is stupidness the reason - you should say in this case:
    Who can read has an clear advantage and the black are the letters...
    or otherwise
    If you do it right it still works immediately

Thanks - I'm ashamed :@
    [hr]

Oups... An error from my side. I'll review.

Thats fine, thanks.