Is it please possible to keep conversations open?

• Whenever I've spent a few hours trying to figure things out, I try to seek out some assistance because that's part of computing. My problem with the i-MSCP support is that instead of trying to be helpful, usually my posts get closed, preventing further conversation, implying that I don't know what I'm doing or that it's someone else's problem. This behavior is very frustrating and I don't know why the support here feels the need to behave this way.

A support line that people learn to sigh deeply before attempting to use, because the reaction will almost certainly be dismissal and condescension, is bad support.

I just felt the need to write this. I won't be coming here back, because I've found that the negative impact it has on my eagerness to solve the problem drops and leaves me simply in a bad mood after only being told that I probably don't know what I'm doing, shouldn't be trying what I'm doing or that I shouldn't be seeking assistance here.

And you know what? Fine. I won't, since the attitude on behalf of the support here is such that I should be somewhere else doing something else than what I need to do.

I have one recommendation, which is to leave the support to people who are genuinely interested in helping. If the support is just trying to NOT deal with other people's problems, it's not support. :thumbdown:

• Hello , i think you don't understand what is a support forum . we always help people with problem relate with i-mscp or bug , but it's not a school and we don't have time to learn people how to do something they don't understand perfectly and could break their installation. Modify your installation is at your own risk and we can't provide support for this.
    Regards

- Distribution: Debian | Release: 9.12 | Codename: stretch
    - i-MSCP Version: i-MSCP 1.5.3 | Build: 2018120800 | Codename: Ennio Morricone
    - Plugins installed: ServerDefaultPage (v. 1.3.0),Postgrey (v. 1.3.0), PolicydWeight (v. 1.3.0), ClamAV (v. 1.3.0), Mailgraph (v 1.1.1), OpenDKIM (v 2.0.0), RoundCubePlugins (v 2.0.2), LetsEncrypt (v 3.6.0), PhpSwitcher (v 5.0.5), InstantSSH (v 5.0.1), CronJobs (v 1.4.1), PolicydSPF (v 1.2.0), Postscreen (v 1.2.0), Monitorix (v 1.2.2) & SpamAssassin (v 2.1.0)

• Dear @Teekin,
    i-MSCP is not a game or a software you just "double click" and it starts.
    It's a Control Panel for web hosting services. Now, if you want to offer this kind of service, you have to do it in a professional way, so you have to be a professional Linux system administrator first. Then you can begin to see how i-MSCP really works.
    Eventually if you need such software in your enterprise for internal use, you have to install it on your server. If you are not a Linux professional, I'm pretty sure there's someone who can manage that for you, so a professional, so someone you have to pay.

If you don't know how Linux works (and Linux components also like postfix, fpm, apache, etc.) there's plenty of documentation in the whole internet world, or if you prefer, there's plenty of courses you can follow in order to learn end finally to understand what you are doing.

Regarding @Nuxwin, he Always gives the right support for everything regarding i-MSCP. Linux school is not his job. He replies perhaps in particular ways sometimes, with his sarcastic words, but that's just his way to be... just Accept or Decline. Your choice...

• I just felt the need to write this. I won't be coming here back, because I've found that the negative impact it has on my eagerness to solve the problem drops and leaves me simply in a bad mood after only being told that I probably don't know what I'm doing, shouldn't be trying what I'm doing or that I shouldn't be seeking assistance here.

EGO EGO EGO...

You missunderstood my answer... We won't give you any solution as it clearly appears that you don't have the sufficient knownleges. You're talking about the control panel and Apache2 while the control panel is not served through this last. This necesarily mean that you don't have even read our errata files because in these files, it is clearly stated that the control panel is served through Nginx, hence my answer.

As other people already mentioned, we are not a Linux school. Providing you with a solution that you cannot understand is not a solution. Furthermore, we cannot lose our time by explaining you how things are workings. This is really out of the free support that we provide for i-MSCP.

Anyway, in my answer, I think that I given you sufficient clarifications regarding how the things are working and that should make you able to do the required searchs.

Regarding @Nuxwin, he Always gives the right support for everything regarding i-MSCP. Linux school is not his job. He replies perhaps in particular ways sometimes, with his sarcastic words, but that's just his way to be... just Accept or Decline. Your choice...

I'm so evil ;) Generally speaking I tend to think that people will be smart enough to learn by themself but I'm wrong...

Anyway, thank to you both @AnDee and @kess for your appropriate answer.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206