Upgrade 1.3.1 > 1.3.16 charset error

• Today I want to upgrade my server from 1.3.1 to 1.3.16 and the following error comes:

Server: debian jessie 8.7

Any suggestion, what should I do?

i-MSCP 1.5.3
    Plugins (latest version): ClamAV, CronJobs, DomainAutoApproval, LetsEncrypt, OpenDKIM, PanelRedirect, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postgrey, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, SpamAssasin, WHMCS

• @Dylan

That encoding issue should be fixed in 1.4.x. You can update using https://github.com/i-MSCP/imscp/archive/1.4.x.tar.gz

Another way for current release (1.3.16), is to goes through the htaccess table and make sure that names in the auth_name column doesn't have any special characters. Anyway, browsers don't display those names correctly.

Edit: You must also delete the related .htaccess file. You can find it by executing:

Shell-Script
    1. # grep -nr 'fák admin' /var/www/virtual

On my test server, I get

Shell-Script
    1. root@srv01:/usr/local/src/imscp# grep -nr 'fák admin' /var/www/virtual
    2. /var/www/virtual/bbox.nuxwin.com/htdocs/.htaccess:3:AuthName "fák admin"

Note that special characters in protected area names don't pose any problem with i-MSCP 1.4.x. There was many encoding problems in i-MSCP 1.3.16 and earlier versions which were fixed in i-MSCP 1.4.x branch. However note that protected area names with special characters are not displayed correctly by browsers.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Thank you, it was the solution!

i-MSCP 1.5.3
    Plugins (latest version): ClamAV, CronJobs, DomainAutoApproval, LetsEncrypt, OpenDKIM, PanelRedirect, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postgrey, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, SpamAssasin, WHMCS

• @Dylan

You're welcome.
    Thread closed.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206