OVH.com Hoster und proxmos

• Hi @Speddy and @flames

I'm using OVH for some years now. At the time of my decision they got the best price/value ratio. As you mentioned, with the SoYouStart offering you get dedicated servers starting from 50 EUR. I installed the proxmox Version they offered themselves. At the time of my installation that was ok for me, I had few experience with virtualization. Perhaps next time I would start with a tiny debian and do the proxmox installation myself. As "never change a running system" all is running, is still there.

My experience in all these years is quite good. Didn't felt these partioning bounderies so far. Nor did I realize bandwidth problems. BUT: my traffic is still small enough. No nationwide audience ;-) Generally: all providers are expanding. OVH now builds a new datacenter in Germany. Maybe soon, I can test traffic, when providing videos to a local audience. The machine: stable. Uptime since ever. No crash. Only once everything stood still, when I was under attac. There I appreciated very much, that i-mscp uses nginx!

Concerning installation: indeed, you have to do some postinstallation to get your networking. Their help pages were good enough, found my stuff. Today, after installation I only need few lines on the virtual console, then I'm able to continue with ssh. For the whole thing I'm writing a tutorial, but that will take some time. Have to mention, that all these things are cooperating very good with i-mscp! I only have to fix one issue, as I have to use an external DNS-Provider, who don't allows a shared Nameserver Set.

Well, nothing is perfect: I got in trouble when using these failover IPs. A good part of service, but mine had been used by spammers before so I had to clean them and wipe them out of some blacklists. But that's a general problem which has to be solved by others. IPs are recycled more and more. I'm mostly relying on IPv4, not using v6 so far. DKIM ans SPF are working well.

Hotline: had contacts via E-Mail, tickets and phone. My impression: very friendly, very customer oriented, very competent.

As of today, I would recommend them, well, at least SYS. But this was true with other providers and then changed at some point...

• Mal für den neusten Stand, ich habe mir einen Server bei OVH geholt der in dem neuen Rechenzentrum in Deutschland/Limburg steht, und ich kann
    absolut nix gegen OVH sagen, der Server ist hammer und die Latenz dadurch das es fast bei Frankfurt liegt einfach genial.
    Server läuft mit Proxmox aktuellste Version und ich kann nicht klagen, keine downtime und auch keine Packetlost etc.

MFG

• Seit wan haben sie server in Deutschland?

my System :

- Distribution: Debian | Release: 9.13 | Codename: wheezy
    - i-MSCP Version: i-MSCP 1.5.3| Build: 20181208 | Codename: Ennio Morricone
    - Plugins installed: ClamAV (v. 1.3.0), Mailgraph (v 1.1.1), OpenDKIM (v 2.0.0), SpamAssassin (v 2.0.1)
    - LetsEncrypt (v3.3.0), PhpSwitcher (v 5.0.5), RoundcubePlugins (v 2.0.2)YubiKeyAuth 1.1.0

• Seit wan haben sie server in Deutschland?

Wurde in der Tat erst vor Kurzem freigegeben. OVH hat VC an die Seite bekommen und sie expandieren derzeit global mit großem Tempo. Bieten auch innovative Cloudprodukte, aber mir sind dedicated Server derzeit noch am liebsten. Vor kurzem gab es einen OVH Summit in Paris. Gut, den Charme einer Google-IO oder von Apple haben sie nicht drauf. Dafür aber ein starkes Commitment zu Opensource! Vor allem, nachdem jetzt der Privacy Shield zerbrochen ist (falls der Link geht: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AndreasSutor/posts/bQcLgoeK4wf ), brauchen wir europäische Lösungen.

• Bieten auch innovative Cloudprodukte

Cloud computing should not be used for shared hosting. Those solution provide poor performances due to many factors, such as the fact that generally, there is no physical storage (eg, such as with scaleway) and that resources are shared between several users. A bare-metal server with true physical storage and sufficient memory is really needed for shared hosting.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206