CloudFlare SSL for the control panel?

• Hi,

I have now a little problem with the rDNS because it dosen't match anymore with the current server IP.

Is it sufficent to make a new A-Record pointed to the real IP and change the rDNS in my Provider Panel or must i also change here the hostname ?

EDIT: In this case i also need to change MX entry with the new A-Record i think.

Thanks.

• @Goodpeace

The reverse DNS is not really relevant for HTTP. It is only relevant for the SMTP service which shouldn't be proxied through CloudFlare. So, if your server hostname matches with the panel domain name, that could be a problem. In order you should:

• Set your server hostname to something such as srv01.<domain.tld> and on CloudFlare side, create the following DNS record: srv01.<domain.tld>. IN A <your_server_ip> and make sure that CloudFlare proxy is disabled for that record (Gray cloud).
    • Set your panel domain to something such as panel.<domain.tld> and on CloudFlare side, create the following DNS records: panel.<domain.tld>. IN A <your_server_ip> and make sure that CloudFlare proxy is enabled for that record (Orange cloud).

BTW: The reverse DNS is set by your provider ;)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hi @Nuxwin

Thank you for your infos.

I will create a new entry for the the panel with grey cloud, so i can let the rest untouched.

How can i change the panel URL trought installer?

• How can i change the panel URL trought installer?

Shell-Script
    1. # perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-reconfigure -dar panel_hostname

Next time please:

• perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-reconfigure --help
    • perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-reconfigure --reconfigure help

Note that here, I'm talking about simple reconfiguration. When you need switch service such as Dovecot to Courier (and vice-versa), you have to use the imscp-autoinstall script in place because the imscp-reconfigure script don't handle distribution package removal/installation.

• Okay thank you i will give a try, i also need to change the panel URL :)

• Okay thank you i will give a try, i also need to change the panel URL

You surely meant: system hostname.... since you already asked for the panel URL...

reconfiguration_items.png

• I will create a new entry for the the panel with grey cloud, so i can let the rest untouched.

If you do that, using CloudFlare will become totally useless ;) Purpose of CloudFlare is to proxy your HTTP site (here the panel frontEnd) through their servers. Best is to do what I've said in my previous post or to not use CloudFlare ;)