Upgrade 1.3.8 -> 1.3.14 fail

• Hi,

I would like to update my server from 1.3.8 to 1.3.14, but the following error comes after I run apt-get dist-upgrade

Code
    1. Unpacking php5 (5.6.29+dfsg-0+deb8u1) over (5.6.27+dfsg-0+deb8u1) ...Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.0.2-5) ...Processing triggers for systemd (215-17+deb8u5) ...Errors were encountered while processing: /var/cache/apt/archives/mysql-community-server_5.7.17-1debian8_amd64.deb[DEBUG] iMSCP::Bootstrapper::lock: Acquire exclusive lock on /tmp/imscp-dpkg-post-invoke.lock[DEBUG] iMSCP::Bootstrapper::boot: Booting backend....[DEBUG] iMSCP::Config::_init: Tying /etc/imscp/imscp.conf file in readonly mode[DEBUG] iMSCP::EventManager::_init: Loading /etc/imscp/listeners.d/10_named_override_default_rr.pl listener file[DEBUG] iMSCP::EventManager::_init: Loading /etc/imscp/listeners.d/10_named_slave_provisioning.pl listener file[DEBUG] iMSCP::EventManager::_init: Loading /etc/imscp/listeners.d/10_php_confoptions_override.pl listener file[DEBUG] iMSCP::Bootstrapper::unlock: Releasing exclusive lock on /tmp/imscp-dpkg-post-invoke.lock[FATAL] iMSCP::Bootstrapper::_dbConnect: Could not connect to the SQL server: DBI connect('database=imscp;host=localhost;port=3306','imscp_user',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) at /var/www/imscp/engine/PerlLib/iMSCP/Database/mysql.pm line 98.E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)E: Problem executing scripts DPkg::Post-Invoke 'if [ -x /usr/local/sbin/imscp-dpkg-post-invoke.pl ] ; then /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/sbin/imscp-dpkg-post-invoke.pl -v; fi'E: Sub-process returned an error code

Server: VPS
    Dist: Debian 8.6

I tried to run i-mscp installer (1.3.14) with the following error:

Code
    1. [INFO] Satisfying prerequisites Please wait...[ERROR] autoinstaller::Adapter::DebianAdapter::installPreRequiredPackages: Could not install pre-required packages: Reading package lists...Building dependency tree...Reading state information...binutils is already the newest version.debconf-utils is already the newest version.dialog is already the newest version.libbit-vector-perl is already the newest version.libclass-insideout-perl is already the newest version.liblist-moreutils-perl is already the newest version.libscalar-defer-perl is already the newest version.libsort-versions-perl is already the newest version.libxml-simple-perl is already the newest version.lsb-release is already the newest version.wget is already the newest version.You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:The following packages have unmet dependencies: mysql-community-server : Depends: mysql-common (= 5.7.16-1debian8) but 5.7.17-1debian8 is to be installed Depends: mysql-client (= 5.7.16-1debian8)E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

journalctl -xn output:

Any idea, what can I do?

It's a live server, so update is important to me... <X

i-MSCP 1.5.3
    Plugins (latest version): ClamAV, CronJobs, DomainAutoApproval, LetsEncrypt, OpenDKIM, PanelRedirect, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postgrey, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, SpamAssasin, WHMCS

Edited once, last by Dylan ().

• @Dylan

Fixed.

MySQL server has not stopped correctly. Thus, postinstall script was unable to to its job on update. also, there was not SQL root user on your installation. I've fixed all those problems as follow:

• I've killed zombie mysql process
    • I've re-created the SQL root user for the following hosts: localhost, 127.0.0.1 and ::1
    • I've updated i-MSCP to version 1.3.14
    • I've fixed many corrupted mail entries in your i-MSCP database (forward alias for webmaster)

I've already gave you the new passwords through fb.

Please confirm that all is working as it should and mark this thread as solved.

Thank you.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• @Nuxwin

First of all, thank you for your quick and great help and response!

But I have a problem again.
    My bind config was wrong, dns not assessable (acces denied)
    I think, maybe listeners was wrong, so I update all listeners to latest, and run perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-reconfigure -danv command.

After that, it's says: [DONE] i-MSCP has been successfully installed/updated. but panel not running, my sites not available... <X

imscp_panel service status

i-MSCP 1.5.3
    Plugins (latest version): ClamAV, CronJobs, DomainAutoApproval, LetsEncrypt, OpenDKIM, PanelRedirect, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postgrey, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, SpamAssasin, WHMCS

• Ok, imscp panel now running, bind error still exists under investigating...

i-MSCP 1.5.3

• Hmm, bind have an error, and I have no any idea, what's wring with it...

bind9 status example: server1 named[734]: client 193.239.149.113#38576 (kvantoringatlan.hu): zone transfer 'kvantoringatlan.hu/AXFR/IN' denied

I checked file permissions, zone files allow-transfer option, all seems to be ok, but bind9 have zone transfer denied error.
    Any idea?

i-MSCP 1.5.3

• Ok, problem solved. :)

i-MSCP 1.5.3