Webftp

• I have spent some time on the web but found not that much information:

Which Webftp would you recommend. For sure it depends probably on the aim.... I got that net2ftp is one of the lightest. Monsta seems to have many functions so I ask if it is maybe not that performant.

And pydio alias Ajaxexplorer I dont know. I only used Net2ftp up to now and it was not that overwhelming but probably you have much more experience with that :))

• In my humble opinion, MonstaFTP is the best choice out there. Monsta does update often, so I like the active development it has.

Net2FTP is pretty good, but updates are far and few between. Also, the flash uploader is going out the window when flash gets killed off in the near future. HTML5 is the new kid on the block for apps like that ... Chrome has already stopped flash by default now and I am sure most browsers will follow.

I used pydio one time and just really wasn't that impressed with it, so I cannot say much on it.

These are only my opinions and I hope it helps ..

Good Luck

“Life is all an Elaborate Hoax”

• If by performance, you mean speed? If so they are comparable. They are both php based scripts all determined by your machines hardware and software configuration and of course connection speed for file transfers. Comparable features as well.

Only true way to know is install both of them and see which one you like the best. They are both easy as pie to install and get running. Basically upload to server in its own directory, point your browser to the directory you installed them in, log in and start testing the heck out of them ...

Good Luck

“Life is all an Elaborate Hoax”

• Hello,

With the coming i-MSCP version, I'll also recommend Monsta FTP.

• Net2ftp: Not updated by the upstream author. Old coding school.

• MonstaFTP (serie 2.1.x): Full Ajax. Written with Angular (client side) + PHP (server side).

• Pydio: Full Ajax (client side) + PHP (server side) but a bit slow compared to MonstaFTP. We don't provide latest version of Pydio ATM due to some integration issues which need time to be solved.

Note that in all cases, the FTP layer is almost identical in all those softwares (they all use the PHP ftp functions). However, Pydio is a bit more slow.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206