FTP Login

• @kess

I think that @Peter did not enable SSL for the services via the i-MSCP installer (setup dialog), or he did something bad after the i-MSCP installation (like trying to activate SSL manually).

ProFTPD, when configured by i-MSCP, doesn't use (doesn't include) the /etc/proftpd/tls.conf. The SSL configuration snippet is injected by the i-MSCP installer in the /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf file at runtime, when you enable SSL for the services through the i-MSCP setup dialog.

See https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…proftpd/installer.pm#L470

Resulting /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf file:

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• In effect the last lines of my proftpd.conf file looks like that:

Code
    1. # SSL configuration<IfModule mod_tls.c> TLSEngine on TLSRequired off TLSLog /var/log/proftpd/ftp_ssl.log TLSProtocol TLSv1 TLSOptions NoCertRequest NoSessionReuseRequired TLSRSACertificateFile /etc/imscp/imscp_services.pem TLSRSACertificateKeyFile /etc/imscp/imscp_services.pem TLSVerifyClient off</IfModule>

but I have some problems while connecting through TLS...

If I set in tls.conf something like:

it works correctly.

That's strange, because it's declared before... I need to investigate deeper into that...

Anyway thank you for replying to the prev message.
    Bye Kess.

• @kess

Again, the /etc/proftpd/tls.conf file is not used by ProFTPD when configured by i-MSCP (not included).Therefore, you have surely done something else.

What is the result of the following command on your system

Shell-Script
    1. grep -nr 'tls.conf' /etc/proftpd/

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• In effect it's strange that something different happens when I modify that file.
    The result of the above command results empty, so it's not included nowhere...

Let me investigate deeper, I'll let you know if I find something.

Thx a lot,
    bye Kess.