Cloudflare SSL aktivieren (CloudFlare for customer sites)

• Abend,

ich nutze seit 3 Tagen i-mscp und es gefällt mir soweit sehr gut, komme eigentlich klar, nur beim SSL hakt es. Ich hoffe, jemand kann mir weiterhelfen! :)

Einige meiner Kunden nutzen Cloudflare und wollen SSL für ihre Domains aktivieren. Cloudflare bietet sowas ja jetzt kostenlos an... nur wie aktiviere ich SSL von Cloudflare für bestimmte Kunden bei i-mscp bzw. auf meinem Debian Server? Bei Cloudflare ist SSL schon aktiviert.

LG Sash

• Glaub bei deinen Kundendomains musst du noch SSL aktivieren. Entweder
    1. Selbstsigniertes Zertifikat (geht vom Panel aus)
    2. Gekauftes Zertifikat
    3. Über das LetsEncrypt plugin

• Danke, aber wie hole ich mir das von Cloudflare? Da gibt es kein Zertifikat. Bei Cloudflare im Panel gibt es nur einen Button zum SSL anschalten und sonst nichts. Verstehe das nicht... ?(

Hat jemand Erfahrung mit Cloudflare SSL?

• In imscp im Panel selber, nicht bei Cloudflare..

• @Ninos Did you ever read the CloudFlare documentation about SSL :P

@sash456

CloudFlare provides many options for SSL support.

1. CloudFlare Flexible SSL option: You enable SSL in your CloudFlare interface only. In such a case, the clients will access the CloudFlare proxy server through SSL and the CloudFlare proxy server will talk with the i-MSCP server through normal connection (NO SSL)

clients <--- SSL encrypted---> CloudFlare Proxy <--- NO SSL ---> i-MSCP server

In such case, you have nothing to do on i-MSCP side.

This is what you're looking for I think.

2. CloudFlare Full SSL option: You enable SSL on CloudFlare as above but also for the i-MSCP server. In such a case, the clients will access the CloudFlare proxy server through SSL and the CloudFlare proxy server will talk with the i-MSCP server through SSL too.

clients <--- SSL encrypted---> CloudFlare Proxy <--- SSL ---> i-MSCP server

In such a case, you must also enable SSL on i-MSCP side (through the customer interface) for the target domain. This involve having your own SSL certificate for the domain. In that case, the LetsEncrypt plugin can help to get free SSL certificates. With that option, you can also use a self-signed SSL certificate as generated through the i-MSCP control panel (customer interface).

3. CloudFlare Full SSL (strict) option: Same as the Full SSL option but you cannot use a self-signed SSL certificate.

There is other options such as HSTS related options in CloudFlare interface but at first, I would recommend to not play with them.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• See the screenshot below for a summary.

CloudFlare_SSL_options.png

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206