PhpSwitcher 2.2.6 400 Errors

• not sure I upgraded properly..

500 errors on all sites using switcher after update and graceful update of php versions - no actual updates done though was already current but rebuilt anyway.

sites started having errors before I even updated to the new compiled versions. During compilation the 500 errors started.

error logs show this:
    Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

didn't deactivate just updated plugin - was following along and might have missed deactivate...

went ahead and double checked directory settings and noted that all I changed was the date to match the new compiled version and deleted the old compiled versions...

---
    the errors started during the compiler process - not after I updated the php versions.
    ----

Updated Plugin
    started compiling 5.6 & 7.0 via:
    perl /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/PhpSwitcher/PhpCompiler/php_compiler.pl -i /opt/phpswitcher/$(date +'%Y%m%d') 5.6 7.0

that is when I noticed the errors on all pages utilizing 5.6 / 7.0...
    when I disabled the php versions and all sites defaulted to the server 5.5.x version all sites started working again.

--- ideas what I did wrong there / How to Fix?

• Updated Plugin
    started compiling 5.6 & 7.0 via:
    perl /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/PhpSwitcher/PhpCompiler/php_compiler.pl -i /opt/phpswitcher/$(date +'%Y%m%d') 5.6 7.0

Did you updated the paths for your PHP versions in the PhpSwitcher interface (admin level)? ---->

in graceful_update.md file:

Code
    1. - Disable your PHP versions through the PhpSwitcher administration interface
    2. - Edit your PHP version settings through the PhpSwitcher administration interface for updating paths
    3. - Reactivate your PHP versions through the PhpSwitcher administration interface
    4. - Remove old PHP versions from your file system.

I can check via teamviewer if you want.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Yes did that order to update the paths...

and it detects the version...

its just now the redirection loop issue it appears...
    will pm over the teamviewer info...

• After Nuxwin about wanted to format my server(it might be a little slow!)... and digging for issues....

I found that simply removing the phpswitcher plugin and reloading 2.2.5 version for my system works perfectly..
    back up and running by going back to older version with issues.

2.2.6 may not work with wheezy - or maybe just my setup...

Edited once, last by viper_iii ().

• Really ? There is a big bug in version 2.2.5. Are you sure that when you set PHP 7, you really have PHP 7?

BTW: I've never asked you to format your server...

• was kidding about format...
    just that its pretty slow for compiling - forgot I had a lot of snapshots on there and consolidating and removing them now... causing more lag

however yes running 7.0 php added a phpinfo page just to check

or /info.php rather

• Ok ;) I'll make a diff between 2.2.5 and 2.2.6 to see if I missed something...

• the error when trying to get php7 going after update was the redirect however
    while you were testing

File does not exist: /var/www/virtual/sclr.org/htdocs/php5-fcgi
    was coming up all the time trying to phpinfo to work..

basically switcher apparently didn't change the alias for php (in my system at least) to /php7-fcgi and kept php5-fcgi which is why I'm guessing it was failing...

however it may only be systems that are running php5.5 that was manually upgraded that this would show up on...
    (just a guess there though)

• @viper_iii

Bug confirmed. Only Wheezy and maybe Ubuntu Precise should be affected. The php7.0-fcgi handler is missing. Will be fixed in next version.

• @viper_iii

The bug is in i-MSCP itself. We must add a generic handler for PHP such as php-fcgi instead of a named handler such as php5-fcgi. Will be fixed in i-MSCP version 1.3.1 which will be released tomorow (was planned today but today, there is ... FRANCE VS GERMANY ;)