Feedback Let's Encrypt Plugin

• Hi,

i like your nice work and plugins, but compared to the other plugins it seems to me that let's encrypt is a little bit to expensive ;). maybe you can take a look if this price is really the best choice.

• Hi, there has been a discussion about that in this thread already.

Long story short:

• the development process was complex, therefore it's a bit more expensive (I made a rough calculation about that on the other thread)
    • payed plugins are in general meant for commercial hosters

In my own opinion it's a very good price for something which is a one-time payment, especially if I think of the time it's saving.

• It would be very nice if someone could create screenshots how the process is now to require a new SSL Cert.

1. Login as admin
    2. Change to user
    3. Go to Domains
    4. click "generate Letsencrypt" cert.

I dont have the plugin yet (this will be change soon) but this would be a good "buy-decision-help"

• Thanks for your feedback, happy you like our work. There's another thread about the pricing discussion. Hope you understand us after reading our posts:
    Preis für das Let's Encrypt Plugin

PS: Please do not start another discussion about the amount of the plugin. We noticed your review.

• It's indeed that simple, except:

4. Click "Let's Encrypt"
    5. Click "Activate" for your desired (Sub-)Domain
    6. Profit. :D

Kunde : Domains : Let's Encrypt 2016-06-27 16-30-03.png

• I've got a suggestion for I found an annoyance.
    If there is already some configuration inside

Code
    1. /etc/letsencrypt/live/etc/letsencrypt/renewal/etc/letsencrypt/archive

for a specific domain before using the plugin, the activation process inside i-MSCP will break up and display the status:

Code
    1. requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTPS connection (1): acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org

The reason behind is, that the client is asking for user action to renew the old file which is not handled by the plugin. This results in a deadlock inside the i-MSCP frontend. No user action is available to solve that issue.

The solution so far is to delete all directories in live and archive and the config inside renewal related to the domain. Finally, the corresponding entry in the database letsencrypt of i-MSCP has to be deleted to solve the deadlock.
    After that, the Let's Encrypt Plugin in i-MSCP works like a charm.

A way to bypass that might be trying to delete any old directories/config in advance if there isn't any database entry for a domain yet.

• Problem here is that admin did not revoked old certificate. I cannot delete old directories because I don't know how the admin uses this certificates before.
    BTW: You don't need to edit the db-entry. After solving problem just switch to /admin/imscp_debugger.php, where you can set status back :)