mail forward for domain alias not working

• Hello all,

I used to be an IspCP user and changed to i-MSCP yesterday.
    I'm using 1.1.0-beta2 on debian squeeze

And I also experience the first problem.

One costumer has 2 domains.
    Domain.A
    Domain.B
    Domain.B is an alias that goes to htdocs/domainb

Domain.B has an email adress [email protected] which should be forwarded to [email protected]

I set up this forward in the add mail page.

If I now send a test mail to [email protected] it doesn't arrive at [email protected].
    If I look in the server at /var/mail/virtual is see a folder domain.B
    In here I see a folder domainb which shouldn't exist as it's a forward and not a real mail box.
    In domainb in the folder new I can find the test email.

So something goes wrong with this.
    Anybody got a possible solution/patch/fix?

If more data is needed please let me know.

• Hello ;

Please, open a ticket on our bug tracker. It's more easy for development team.

Cheers ;

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Also, the folder is created anyway because mail gets sent to the [email protected] folder first, then copied and forwarded to whatever emails you provide: NOT directly forwarded.

• Also, the folder is created anyway because mail gets sent to the [email protected] folder first, then copied and forwarded to whatever emails you provide: NOT directly forwarded.

About the folder issue:

The folder is created even if the account is set as forwarded mail. It's a design choice. To resume, it's the expected behavior.

For the rest, I'll check your ticket and fix it ASAP.

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• About the folder issue:

The folder is created even if the account is set as forwarded mail. It's a design choice To resume, it's the expected behavior.

For the rest, I'll check your ticket and fix it ASAP.

Let me know if there is anything i can help with (logs/config files/etc).

• Hi ace

I also habe 1.1-beta2 installed on my virtualbox.

I have a customer test1.tld with a mailbox [email protected]
    I added a "Domain Alias" test1a.tld - and added a mail account only forward (no password) [email protected] -> [email protected].
    And it seems to work as expected:
    only an entry in the aliases file
    no foldermail/tes1a.tld/... is created

Can you add a step-by-step from a clean new customer/user to reproduce?

/Joxi

• The folder is created if it's a normal+forward account. The options (normal only, forward only or normal+forward) are not clear for end-users so we should review that anyway.

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• In the trac I see it as fixed (quit a lot of messages actually for this one subject)

What would be the best way to test the latest master/fix?
    Use the nightly script or update the files manually according to the data on github?

Edit:
    Ok, this morning all the mails that where stored in the forwarded account just got forwarded. They have been there for over a week, and now, all of a sudden, without doing anything they got send to the destination.

I'll implement the fix anyway because i don't know why it did work now, and not before

Edited once, last by ace ().