1.2.14 > 1.2.15 Error - APC error, Timezone warning (with PHP version from Dotdeb on Wheezy)

• currently using wheezy with php 5.5.30 update - switcher also installed and working as expected

cleared apc line from:
    <package>php-apc</package>
    docs/Debian/packages-wheezy.xml

and ran installer..

Error specifically shows:
    [ERROR] main::setupUpdateDatabase: PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20121212/apc.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20121212/apc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: DateTime::createFromFormat(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /var/www/imscp/gui/library/Functions/Intl.php on line 162

See its complaining about Time but this has never had an issue previously... - easy enough to update once is back up and running though.

Edited once, last by viper_iii ().

• Not i-MSCP related... Check your PHP installation.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• You can also purge your php packages and then rerun the imscp installer.

• only showed up when going from 14 > 15...

all other upgrades have gone exactly as planned...
    With Exception of having to comment out per the errata / your instructions - php-apc

12> 13 & 13 > 14 also showed these errors at time of setting up "composer" but proceeded without any issue:

get-composer section it looks like...

â '/usr/lib/php5/20121212/apc.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20121212/apc.so: cannot â
    â open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0 â
    â Loading composer repositories with package information â
    â Updating dependencies (including require-dev)

the time issue is un-related it looks like however the install / update process appears to be updating something that is still calling for it and this time it cannot get past it when it did previously.... Ideas?

so if un-related where exactly would you check in php settings

• @viper_iii

Again: fix your PHP installation and all will be ok ;) If you don't know how, add my SSH key and I'll do the job. the apc ERROR is something that can pose many problems for the i-MSCP installer. It is an error and as such, you must fix it. It is your responsiblity to have a correct PHP setup, specially if you installed an unofficial PHP version from dotdeb or any other external provider.

Edit: For the timezone warning, I'll add a fix which will avoid that but normally, it is not needed. The problem comes from you CLI php.ini file which has not default timezone set.

• @viper_iii

In order, you can try:

For the APC error

Shell-Script
    1. # php5dismod apc# aptitude purge php-apc

Also ensure that APC module is not loaded through your CLI php.ini (/etc/php5/cli/php.ini)

For the timezone warning:

First, give me the result of the following command

Shell-Script
    1. # php -i |grep timezone

On Wheezy, with PHP 5.5.30 from dotdeb repository (as on your system ;) ) you should get something like

Shell-Script
    1. root@wheezy:~# php -i |grep timezonePHP Warning: Unknown: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in Unknown on line 0Default timezone => UTCdate.timezone => no value => no valueroot@wheezy:~#

To solve this, edit the /etc/php5/cli/php.ini file and set a default value for the data.timezone parameter (such as UTC)

Code
    1. date.timezone = "UTC"

Once done, you should get:

Shell-Script
    1. root@wheezy:~# php -i |grep timezone
    2. Default timezone => UTC
    3. date.timezone => UTC => UTC
    4. root@wheezy:~#

So now, just rerun the i-MSCP installer.

• @viper_iii

I've updated my previous post. Please read it carrefully. Your problem comes from the fact that you use PHP 5.5.30 from Dotdeb repository.

• Correct I don't know how...

--- also didn't / don't know how to add your key... can read if your other suggestions don't work...

much appreciated in pointing me in the right direction.

• As Per usual -

You've nailed it again...

I was just thinking it was odd that previous updates got past ... my errr... shortcomings..

anyway back running smoothly and many thanks!

• @viper_iii

You're welcome ;)

I known that I can seem hard/rude sometime but there is a goal: I want force you to learn ;)