fcgid problem with 1.1.0 beta 2

• Hello there,

I just made an example installation of the second beta on a fresh system. Installation was without any troubles. I plan to switch from ispCP so it's kinda familiar ;)

Now I discovered a problem. I placed a backup of a wordpress installation onto the server and I got a 500 error when I went on an internal (/wp-admin) page.
    After searching the logs I found this entries causing the problem.

I don't know if it is a server-thing, just misconfigurated or even a reportful bug. May you have any suggestions for a solution?

Here is the log:

Code
    1. php5-fcgid-starter: 9: mod_fcgid: not found[Tue Sep 25 16:24:58 2012] [warn] [client x.x.x.x] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server, referer: http://www.x.com/[Tue Sep 25 16:24:58 2012] [warn] [client x.x.x.x] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: ap_pass_brigade failed in handle_request_ipc function, referer: http://www.x.com/

causing

Code
    1. x.x.x.x- - [25/Sep/2012:16:24:58 +0200] "GET /wp-admin/themes.php HTTP/1.1" 500 525 "http://www.x.com/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1"

suexec.log

Code
    1. [2012-09-25 16:24:58]: uid: (100x/vu200x) gid: (100x/vu200x) cmd: php5-fcgid-starter

user-domain error log

Code
    1. [Tue Sep 25 16:25:01 2012] [error] mod_fcgid: process /var/www/fcgi/x.com/php5-fcgid-starter(29835) exit(communication error), get unexpected signal 11

Thank you very much!

Edited once, last by Cluster ().

• Do you have a special file or special files in mind? Haven't seen an obvious permission problem.

• I think you did rsync or scp your files with user root and forgot to change owner and group to set the permissions to vuABZD:www-data or something like that. Check it with 'ls -l' on the old and the new server, make a 'chown -R' to set the permission right and your problem should be gone;-)

• I uploaded the backup with FTP, the owner and groups settings in the backup are fine (checked and compared it now).
    Interesting is, that vu2001 has the uid 1001 on the new server, while ISPCP bound uid 2001 to the old files. Howeder I saw no conflicts in the passwd file.
    Did you mean other files that these in the backup? Because I did not touch any of the new files which are the result of the standard setup procedure. I checked the common fcgid files as well, there seem no problem.

Also interesting is, that my old ispcp installation had one php5-fcgi-starter script. No there are two scripts (php5-fastcgi-starter and php5-fcgid-starter), but no php5-fcgi-starter. Is it just the new fcgi version?

Thanks a lot :)

edit: Habe gerade nach einem Eintrag für fcgi oder fcgid in den php.ini's gesucht jedoch keine Einträge gefunden. Sollte da nicht eigentlich ein Eintrag drin stehen wenn es doch eine PHP Extention ist?

• Hmm, it's not the same problem. It seems to be a problem with the rights in the thread you posted.
    My logs have other errors, like this one:

Code
    1. php5-fcgid-starter: 9: mod_fcgid: not found

I looked if libapache2-mod-php5 is installed and its not. Can I install it without damage imscp?
    If I simulate the installation via aptitude I have to remove apache2-mpm-worker in order to install the needed apache2-mpm-prefork (which also is recommended for php).

Thanks! :)

• Well - you need to decide if you want to run php via fcgid/fastcgi or via the apache module (mod_php).
    I think there are enough infos to make the decision.

/J

• I disabled the two fcgid mods and enabled the fastcgi mods. I got an error on apache2 restart:

Code
    1. Syntax error on line 34 of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/fastcgi_imscp.conf:
    2. FastCgiIpcDir /var/lib/apache2/fastcgi: already defined as "/var/lib/apache2/fastcgi"
    3. Action 'configtest' failed.

Disabled line 34 in the fastcgi_imscp.conf and the error was gone.

Now the 500 error is gone too.

Is there something I missed or should work like that?

thank you :)

• IMHO you should disable the fastcgi-mod and enable only the fastcgi_imspc mod.... (with the line uncommented again...)

/J