Update from 1.2.9 to 1.2.11 removes mysql 5.7.10 version and installes 5.5.46 but why?

• @TheRiddler1982

Ok, It is impossible that you worked witih i-MSCP and MySQL-5.7 because some changes in MySQL 5.7.x are not compatible. For instance, the i-MSCP installer get users with emtpy passwords by executing the following query:

SQL
    1. SELECT User, Host FROM mysql.user WHERE Password = '';

The problem is that right now, I get an error:

Code
    1. iMSCP::Stepper::step: Can't use string ("Error while executing ││ statement:"...) as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at ││ /root/imscp-1.2.11/engine/setup/imscp-setup-methods.pl line 1499.

which is confirmed by

So here you lie:/ when you say that MySQL 5.7 worked with 1.2.9 because that is not possible. Ok, I'll now try to fix the incompatibilities on your server but seriously, I'm not happy which such way to process... <X

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• First incompatibility fixed by commenting related code part. Will be fixed properly in 1.2.12.

Another incompatibility

Code
    1. main::setupRebuildCustomerFiles: │
    2. │ Error while rebuilding customers files: [ERROR] main::_process: Expression │
    3. │ #3 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated │
    4. │ column 'imscp.domain_dns.domain_dns_status' which is not functionally │
    5. │ dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with │
    6. │ sql_mode=only_full_group_by

I'll now fix that one...

• @TheRiddler1982

Fixed. I'll provide a small summary of what I've done in your server in few minutes.

success.png

• Hi,

I've gone trough my records and I have installed in the beginning of August 1.2.9 I-MSCP version. In September, I have upgraded my MySQL version from 5.5 to 5.7 (hopping over 5.6). Since then, I have not run any I-MSCP installer. I had to repair and upgrade all database tables, but after that everything worked fine :-). So this would explain why I was able to get the guys together :-).

I have no problems with the hackings you do currently. As you have written, you'll take care of that in your next version. So, when I run the next update of your software, everything should be ok :-). I have more of a bad feeling that you spend so much time in fixing that.

Thanks,
    Sven

• @TheRiddler1982

Summary of what I've done on your server to fix the problems:

• I've removed all orphaned and broken packages
    • I've moved your /etc/apt/preferences.d/* files into /root/nxw_backup
    • I've added MySQL repository for MySQL 5.7 (/etc/apt/sources.list.d/mysql.list)
    • I've installed mysql-server-5.7 and mysql-client-5.7 packages manually (those packages are virtual and result to installation of mysql-community-* packages in place).
    • I've fixed the missing password column in mysql.user table: This column is no longer provided in MySQL 5.7. Right now, I've just commented the related query in the installer.
    • I've fixed the incompatible SQL mode error by adding the /etc/mysql/conf.d/nxw_imscp_compat.cnf file. This file will no be longer needed with i-MSCP 1.2.12
    • I've added the following configuration snippet in the docs/Debian/packages-jessie.xml file:
    Code
    1. <mysql_5.7><package>mysql-server-5.7</package><package>mysql-client-5.7</package><package>mysql-common</package></mysql_5.7>

Note that here, I've not added any pinning/repository information. This is not needed here because MySQL 5.7 is greater than any other MySQL version available in Jessie . I'll add those information in next version (1.2.12).

Then, I've run the installer as follow

Code
    1. perl imscp-autoinstall -dr sql

and choosen mysql 5.7

• thoses packages are virtual

Hi again!

Thanks for all your effort. postfix/rainloop is now working again! I'll make a a fine donation for all your efforts and support!

Could you explain what you mean with virtual packages and the community edition because you had to install it manually, too? When MySQL 5.7.11 would be released, will it get automatically installed with apt-get update/upgrade? Or do I have to install it manually in future, too?

Thanks,
    Sven

• Hi,

just sent you a paypal donation. I know that it is not much for the time you spend as I am working in development (but not with web technologies) and know the hourly rates.

So, now, I will try to do what I have originally planned: install the php switcher plugin and give my website PHP 7 support :-)

• @TheRiddler1982

Both mysql-server-5.7 and mysql-client-5.7 are virtual packages. In case of packages provided by MySQL team, they are replaced by mysql-community-server and mysql-community-client packages.

Code
    1. root@menkisyscloudsrv29:~/imscp-1.2.11# LANG=C aptitude show mysql-server-5.7 mysql-client-5.7No current or candidate version found for mysql-server-5.7Package: mysql-server-5.7State: not a real packageProvided by: mysql-community-serverNo current or candidate version found for mysql-client-5.7Package: mysql-client-5.7State: not a real packageProvided by: mysql-community-client

Therefore, when installing those packages, the mysql-community-server and mysql-community-client packages are automatically selected and installed in place. This is the expected behavior.

See the Replaces and Provides fields ;)

As stated in my previous post, I've added the needed configuration snippet for your MySQL 5.7 version in your i-MSCP Debian Jessie package file. So you have nothing to do. You can run the installer again from the imscp-1.2.11 folder and that will work.

I'll update package files for MySQL 5.7 in next i-MSCP version 1.2.12. What you'll have to do is just running the installer as usually.

Yes, when the MySQL team will release a new tiny version such as 5.7.11, update will be done automatically when you'll run aptitude upgrade or aptitude dist-upgrade because I've added the repository (/etc/apt/sources.list.d/mysql.list).

• @TheRiddler1982

Thank you for the donation. You get the donator status ;)

Please, mark this thread as solved.