Move to another server

• Hi there,

I want to upgrade my Ubuntu Server (from 10.04 to 12.04).
    Because upgrading os made my system useless in the past I want to do it by setting up a new server and transfering all information to the new one.

Is there a easy way to transfer all information and data?

• Domains
    • Subdomains
    • FTP-Accounts
    • E-Mail Accounts (with all mails)
    • MySQL Databases

ISPCP has a backup and restore script that backup almost everything (except mails grrrrrr) - is there something similar for i-mscp?

• I too am interested in this topic, my I-MSCP is installed on a VPS, but I want to migrate everything to another VPS Provedor more powerful, as you could make?

• There are some threads in the Migration section of the forum with good information about migrating to a different server. It depends if you're keeping the same hostname and IP, or changing them, what will happen.

It basically involves taking a mysqldump, and copying of all /var/www/virtual/ files and /var/mail/ files.

Make the new server, install same i-mscp version and configuration. Stop i-mscp_daemon.
    You take the mysqldump from the old server, and import it to the new server (backup the new server first, you need the debian-sys-maint password entry). Set all domains statuses to "change". If you changed the IP address or hostname, change those in the database as well.
    Start i-mscp daemon, it should start creating all the domain directories, etc.
    Make sure /etc/groups has all the right users and all the /var/www/virtual directories are there, then copy over all those /var/www/virtual files and /var/www/virtual files.

That's kind of a basic overview, there are a lot of things that can go wrong, or it could go smoothly, it depends on if you have custom configurations, etc.

• something more to improve a transfer with minimum change, dns zones and statistical data of user visits

Edited once, last by kurgans ().