Create Domain via command line

• Hi there,

I wanted to know if it is possible to create a domain via command line? Would be a great feature for migrating domains etc. We want to use i-mscp with jenkins ci - in a way that jenkins automatically creates the domain (and the things in connection to that + maybe db, ftp? ) via script. So our aim is to automate the whole process as much as possible.

Any ideas how to achieve that or is anyone already using i-mscp this way?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
    Simon

• Hello ;

Unfortunately, i-MSCP doesn't provide such API at this moment. We provide an API for plugins and you can listen on events which are triggered by both the backend and the frontend using listeners, but automatic provisioning through an external command line client is not available yet. In version 2, we will provide such API because i-MSCP will become an API-Centric Web application. We will provide an API through apigility.

Right now, you could create some PHP scripts as we do for the KaziWhmcs plugin. Be aware that this involve to known i-MSCP core code.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hi Nuxwin,

thanks for your fast reply. What do you think, how much time one has to spend on that (an experienced php developer)?

Thanks
    Simon

Edit: Is there any plan when Version 2 will be released?

• Re;

This depends on the number of actions you want to provide through your CLI scripts ;) But an experienced PHP developer could do the job easily.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• No there are no roadmaps or plans available yet.