Problem mit imapd-ssl - Broken symlinks in /etc/ssl/certs

• Hallo,

ich habe seit meinem gestrigen Update auf 1.2.9 ein Problem mit imapd-ssl.
    Debian: Wheezy.

Ohne Verschlüsselung scheint der Mailverkehr ohne Probleme zu funktionieren.
    Die Dienste imapd-ssl, pop3-ssl und smtp-ssl sind im IMSCP-Adminpanel als laufend angegeben.

Allerdings bekomme ich bei einer verschlüsselten Übertragung Fehlermeldung im Email-Client und im syslog steht:
    ... imapd-ssl: couriertls: /etc/ssl/certs/d5c72054.0: No such file or directory ...

Für das iMSCP-Admin-Panel habe ich ebenfalls SSL aktiviert und dies schein zu funktionieren. Zumindest komme ich per http und https (port 4443) drauf.

Hat mir jemand eine Idee wo ich weitersuchen kann?

Danke

• Hi,

/etc/ssl/certs/d5c72054.0 müsste ein Link auf auf eine andere Datei sein, kannst Du bitte mal prüfen, ob es die Originaldatei noch gibt? Wenn nicht, einfach den Symlink /etc/ssl/certs/d5c72054.0 löschen und nochmal versuchen.

Grüße
    Chris

• Hallo Backdraft007,

den Link habe ich gefunden - dieser war auch mit einem roten Zeichen markiert...
    Allerdings hat das Löschen des Links noch nichts gebracht. Jetzt ist es ein andere Link welcher im syslog auftaucht:
    imapd-ssl: couriertls: /etc/ssl/certs/06b2da31.0: No such file or directory

Noch ne Idee?
    Oder soll ich den SSL Teil nochmals installieren?
    -> perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-setup -dr ssl

Danke
    gruß

• Hello ;

The right way to fix this issue:

1. Be sure to have latest ca-certificates package
    2. Run

Code
    1. # dpkg-reconfigure ca-certificates

This should normally update the symlinks automatically (and remove dangling symlinks as well).

Another way is to run

Code
    1. # update-ca-certificates

which basically do the same thing without asking you.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hello Nuxwin,

thanks for the info.
    You are wight, I haven't done the dpkg-reconfigure before - is this one step I always should do for an iMSCP upgrade?

I have done the dpkg-reconfigure now and the result was no changes:
    dpkg-reconfigure ca-certificates
    Trigger für ca-certificates werden verarbeitet ...
    Updating certificates in /etc/ssl/certs... 0 added, 0 removed; done.
    Running hooks in /etc/ca-certificates/update.d....done.

Thanks

• @funnymob

Did you restarted the imscp_service before retrying? If after restarting that service, the problem still occurs, try to force reinstallation of the ca-certificates package:

Code
    1. # aptitude reinstall ca-certificates

Once done, restart the imscp_service again and retry.

In later case, just try to remove the dangling symlink manually as suggested by @Backdraft007

BTW: This problem is not related to i-MSCP. Here, the problem is about a certificate which is missing (missing symlink target).

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hello Nuxwin.

problem is fixed and was fixed by the information of Backdraft007 (delete the wrong symlinks).
    I have only added the information of the reconfiguration in this Thread if anyone whats to know how that works.

Problem is solved - thanks to you guys.

Regards