Debian: Upgrade IMSCP 1.2.2 to 1.2.9 - Corrupt sources.list

• Hi,

I am not understanding the process of upgrading IMSCP to 1.2.9.

I have installed many plugins and also modified some server files like new php version, postfix, dovecot, fail2ban etc.

Can someone please help me with upgrading process please?.

:|

• Hi,

What did you not understand ?

- Delete all plugins installed ? (because all plugins will possibly broke your upgrade to 1.2.9)
    - Stop all i-MSCP services related ?

After you did the update, you'll be able to re-apply your modifications (or do a "Listener file", recommended way, look on the forum) and reinstall the plugins (if compatible).
    Note that some plugin aren't free of use anymore (like PHPSwitcher).

If you didn't understand something specific on the upgrade process, please, give us a little more details on what you didn't ;)

EDIT: Moved to the correct SubForum. Not an how-to.

Edited once, last by Athar ().

• Just read the errata-file:
    https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc….2.x/docs/1.2.x_errata.md

Some additional informations

• fail2ban will not be touched
    • dovecot & postfix main-configuration files will be replaced. For your modifications I recommend to create listener-files
    • if you still use debian wheezy, but have a higher php-version than 5.4, you must remove the php-apc package before installation:
      https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…ata.md#php-version-in-use

EDIT: If you're willing to pay, we can do the upgrade for you, but need a list of all modifications.

• I am getting this error at configuring php-fpm. after running perl imscp-autoinstall -d

imscp version I am trying to upgrade v1.2.9

OS Debian Jessie

Shell-Script
    1. root@cpanel:/usr/local/src/imscp-1.2.9# perl imscp-autoinstall -d[ERROR] autoinstaller::Adapter::DebianAdapter::installPreRequiredPackages: Reading package lists...Building dependency tree...Reading state information...aptitude is already the newest version.debconf-utils is already the newest version.dialog is already the newest version.libbit-vector-perl is already the newest version.libclass-insideout-perl is already the newest version.liblist-moreutils-perl is already the newest version.libscalar-defer-perl is already the newest version.libxml-simple-perl is already the newest version.rsync is already the newest version.wget is already the newest version.0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.1 not fully installed or removed.After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.Setting up php5-fpm (5.6.9+dfsg-0+deb8u1) ...Job for php5-fpm.service failed. See 'systemctl status php5-fpm.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.invoke-rc.d: initscript php5-fpm, action "start" failed.dpkg: error processing package php5-fpm (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1Errors were encountered while processing: php5-fpmE: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Report from : systemctl status php5-fpm.service

Please help. :(

Edited 2 times, last by goodone ().

• As I can see there are unmet dependencies. The system especially the paket-manager must be clean.

Are you telling me to remove database?. I cannot remove mariadb. I need to keep it. but imscp trying to use mysql package when installing. How do I make it work with mariadb?.

• Well,

I don't know which SQL-Server do you have used in the past. I also don't know what do you have selected in the installer. The fact is that you have dependencies between MariaDB and mySQL. So, you have to clean up this problem before the installer runs without problems.

• I have used mariadb sql server at my present v1.22 imscp. I dont know where this mysql server coming up from. Also I cannot select anything in installer..

After I use this parameter :perl imscp-autoinstall -d

It gives me an important notice for update to v1.2.3 . I select OK.

2015-07-29 13_21_28-23.92.76.230_6029 - Xshell 5.png

Then it start detecting target distribution....

Then it detects my OS Debian Jessie 8.1 and asks me if its correct. I select Yes.

2015-07-29 13_23_06-23.92.76.230_6029 - Xshell 5.png

Then it provides me with Install and Build option. I tried both Install and Build and it start updating the packages, processing the destro packages... etc. And later gives me that Error.

There are no other options to select. Except Install / Build.