Dovecot quota / webspace question

• Hello,
    the migration from courier to dovecot works very well -good job. but how is the handling of the mailquota now? i use rc4 and want to offer a mailpaket with 2gb mailbox, but how are the limits and the automatism behind that?

• Hello ;

When the cat is away, the mice dance ... :P Well, courier is also a great piece of software and more easy to maintain than dovecot and maybe more faster than dovecot too. Quotas can be implemented with both courier and dovecot.

For now we still install procmail for nothing. Installing such MDA without using it has not sense. Maildrop can replace procmail and be used for quotas.

To resume, and to make all users happy (it's our primary goal there), I'll implement quotas for both courier and dovecot.

Thanks

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• Yes you are right. I choose dovecot mainly while i can use sieve on serverside and the user could it use with an roundcube plugin, i have read. but if i talk to the dev ;) i will notice that after migrating from courier the packages still there. is that purpose, or an mistake or what is behind that. if imscp doesnt need it after switching to courier could i deinstall it?
    thx

• Yes you are right. I choose dovecot mainly while i can use sieve on serverside and the user could it use with an roundcube plugin, i have read. but if i talk to the dev ;) i will notice that after migrating from courier the packages still there. is that purpose, or an mistake or what is behind that. if imscp doesnt need it after switching to courier could i deinstall it?
    thx

Hello ;

I would recommend you to update to last Git Master. Un-needed packages are removed automatically.

BTW: I would recommend you to wait tomorrow to update to last Git Master since I'll commit several important fixes that night.

Thank for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hi,
    iam not so firm with git and other versioning systems but i understand that this is an beta or alpha. while iam using rc4 on my productiv server, ok i know there is an warning of that, but it works very well, but i wouldnt install an nightly build or how they are named. So my question and i think of all others here is how the quota system works on i-mscp. whitout testing i understand that:
    - set the limit of space for an account which is for space, db and mail at all.
    - the user can add i.e. more mailaccounts, but the overall quota set by reseller is the limit
    - if one of these are over the quota, to have read something at 2 checks via cron which check this quota, whil send at 85% a warning1 and by 95% warning2 <- whould be nice to setup in i-mscp
    - after that the space is locked?
    - naturly if all added to one sum it must be under the limit of quota which is set by reseller, or?

But what is the maximum of Quota at all or in detail? (disk = disk, mail? mysql?), in dovecot.conf are a max of 1GB right?

ok as you see there are a lot of questions..

• Hello,
    no answers yet and still questions about Quota in i-MSCP. What is the last fact of that? I read and searched in the forum but found any news, am i right? My knowledge about so far, while using dovecot:
    - Mail- and Filequota matches at all the hostingplan e.g. at all 10GB mail and web could added max to 10gb
    - Mail is always working also when quota is exceeded, fileuploads not
    - the quota in gui can only set in userarea, not in reseller nor in paneladmin
    - the max size of quota set in gui is 2GB

All these facts right now? Thx for summarize

• No answer until now thats bad. How can i change the quota of dovecot over 2GB? I found a old thread here, but what is actual and why the limit of 2GB?

• No answer until now thats bad. How can i change the quota of dovecot over 2GB? I found a old thread here, but what is actual and why the limit of 2GB?

The limit is because of the data type of this field in the database.
    There is an open ticket for this issue: http://trac.i-mscp.net/ticket/469

• Hello MuhKuh,
    many thx for pointing me to that ;). Opened for 12 month - not bad. i conclude that only a few guys use the option of limitation ,). ok i will test it. what do you think about the other facts? they are still actual?