PhpMyAdmin auto-login function - Error

• hi
    the trouble we are having is similar to and only " 3) " as shown in this link
    Summary of "not working things" after first install of i-MSCP

when i setup a new client database then add a user all goes well but if i click the phpmyadmin button (beside the username or phpmyadmin in the left menu) then
    i get an error "An error occurred during authentication." however unlike the poster in the above link
    i can create and use new email users and login to webmail without problems.

i was also looking around for producing an "IDS" but i cannot find it as i am using an ssl certs from comodo

thanks in advanced for helping
    paul

• Distribution in use (Identifiant and codename) ubuntu 12.10 server 64bit
    i-MSCP version in use (Version and codename) i-MSCP 1.1.20 -Build: 20141211 - Codename: Eagle
    Server implementation in use (dovecot or courier, Apache ITK, Apache FPM or Apache FCGID...) Apache FCGID
    /etc/imscp/imscp.conf did not log relating matter while debug is on.

thanks for the rules. apreciate you not just deleting

hi
    the trouble we are having is similar to and only " 3) " as shown in this link

when i setup a new client database then add a user all goes well but if i
    click the phpmyadmin button (beside the username or phpmyadmin in the left side menu) then
    i get an error "An error occurred during authentication." however unlike the poster in the above link
    i can create and use new email users and login to webmail without problems.
    i was also looking around for producing an "IDS" but i cannot find it as i am using an ssl certs from comodo
    thanks in advanced for helping

paul

• Hello ;

First: Ubuntu Quantal is not longer supported... You should consider to upgrade to latest LTS ( Ubuntu Trusty ).

So here the problem is about the auto-login feature for PhpMyAdmin. Does the problem also occurs with normal http connection?

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• hi
    thanks. this is what i did and the results.
    * backed up
    i* upgrade to lts 14-04
    * rerun imscp 1.1.20 (it flew through with no errors)
    * rebootd the server

i noticed that after reboot non-php pages (sites) are displayed and working properly
    but the php website (wordpress) and the imscp admin page does not function correctly.
    the imscp page actually displays the code while the wordpress page displays a white page
    seem like maybe apache nol onger understands php

a sample of what is seen at the admin page
    dispatch(iMSCP_Events::onLoginScriptStart); $action = isset($_REQUEST['action']) ? $_REQUEST['action'] : 'default'; $auth = iMSCP_Authentication::getInstance(); init_login($auth->getEvents()); switch ($action) { case 'logout': if ($auth->hasIdentity())

thanks.

• Clearly here, it's not a problem related to i-MSCP. According to your last message, it seem that your server is a bit broken.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• thanks for the research and responses
    to be fair ubuntu 12.04 did serve me well with imscp 1.1.x till
    i had recently just recently hit a wall with the database creation issue.
    that was just over a 1 year with imscp rock solid, working and good performance.
    anyway this is situation has made me rethink, so this is what im doing
    * snapshot bootable images of my current ubuntu disk (which has just completed as itype)
    * rebuild the vps
    * move from ubuntu 12 to debian7 (lol goover)
    * move from courier to dovecot to me courier simply worked. soon ill see how dove flies :)
    * move over my sites

its going be a long night yet through this minor disaster. maybe, now i have made the right
    choices

thanks again for a great control panel its nearly perfect ;)

• Why nearly?? Because of those 1000 Errors Ubuntu implement in their Releases, at their Way, away from Debian??? Yes, they want to be an OWN Distro :) ; Not only an "fork" of Debian........

Sry.. Push some PR's, when you mean it's nearly pefect or switch to Debian.... ;)

• Distribution: Debian 8 64bit, i-MSCP ver.: i-MSCP Git 1.1.2X -Build: Unavailable - Codename: Andromeda
    Server implementation in use : DOVECOT, BIND, APACHE PHP FPM, PROFTP, POSTFIX

/etc/imscp/imscp.conf did not log relating matter while debug is on.

hi

Its regular installation on brand new Debian 8.
    I get an error "An error occurred during authentication." on click near user MySQL.
    If i go to phpmyadmin from left menu i can login on this user.

thanks.