Upgrade to 1.2.x failed

• I followed the errata link and disabled my plugins (ServerDefaultPage). First I updated to 1.1.21 and after that I wanted to upgrade/update to 1.2.0, but during the installation I got this error:

Code
    1. Error while performing step:
    2. Saving persistent data
    3. Error was:
    4. autoinstaller::Functions::_savePersistentData: /bin/mv: cannot move
    5. `/etc/imscp/apache/skel' to `/etc/imscp/skel/skel': Directory not empty

After pressing "ok" the installation ends with the notice "FATAL" Exit Code: 1

I wanted to remove (backing it up of course) the content of the /etc/imscp/skel/skel but I wasn't sure about it. Better to ask for help instead of doing something wrong.

Have a nice day. :)

• Hello ;

Did you already installed the 1.2.x branch and downgraded to an 1.1.x version after in past? If yes, this could explain the problem...

Whatever, not a big problem there. Just remove the following directories and rerun installer:

Shell-Script
    1. # rm -rf /etc/imscp/skel# rm -rf /etc/imscp/apache/skel

Maybe those folders two (if it due to a downgrade):

Shell-Script
    1. # rm -rf /var/cache/imscp/addons
    2. # rm -rf /var/cache/imscp/packages

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hi, first at all happy new year. :)

I never downgraded to 1.1.x. Always upgraded to the latest version. After deleting those two directories the installer gave me this errors:

Code
    1. Error while performing step: Running Servers::httpd::apache_fcgid install tasks...Error was:iMSCP::Execute::getExitCode: Failed to execute external command:

Code
    1. Error while performing step:Servers installationError was:iMSCP::Execute::getExitCode: Failed to execute external command:

Code
    1. Error while performing step:
    2. Processing setup tasks
    3. Error was:
    4. iMSCP::Execute::getExitCode: Failed to execute external command:

Thanks for your help.

• @Iceman

Please, add my SSH key to your server and I'll do the upgrade for you. Don't forget to give me your IP.

• Fixed:

Problem was due to the /etc/apache2/conf-available directory which is normally not provided with the Apache2 version provided by Debian Wheezy. It seem that you upgraded your Apache2 and downgraded it after...The /etc/apache2/conf-available directory is only available in newest Debian Apache2 versions such as the one provided by Debian Jessie. When the i-MSCP installer detect presence of that directory, it try to enable the 00_imscp.conf file using the a2enconf command which is not available in Debian Wheezy. Therefore, the command fail and the installer thrown an error. I'll add a check on the a2enconf command to prevent such problem.

I don't really know what you have done... Nevermind, I've fixed the problem by removing that directory ( including the related /etc/apache2/conf-enabled directory).

• I tried to update the apache2 to 2.4.x, but failed somehow and downgraded to 2.2.x again.
    Thank you very much for the help, thats really nice. :)