​Debian Jessie - Maildrop MDA - Courier Authentication Library Support

• If you are using Debian Jessie and the i-MSCP Courier server implementation, you should read the following

The maildrop package which provides the mail delivery agent used by postfix to deliver mails is not longer compiled with support for the Courier Authentication Library:

Shell-Script
    1. root@jessie:/# maildrop -vmaildrop 2.7.1 Copyright 1998-2005 Double Precision, Inc.GDBM/DB extensions enabled.Maildir quota extension are now always enabled.This program is distributed under the terms of the GNU General PublicLicense. See COPYING for additional information.

This means that maildrop will not be able to find any of your mail users on your i-MSCP system and thus, will not be able to deliver the mails. To solve this problem, you have two possibilities:

• Switch to the i-MSCP Dovecot server implementation ( this is the better choice if you are afraid about the second possibility )
    • Build and install your own version of the maildrop package

To switch to the i-MSCP Dovecot server implementation, just run the following commands

Shell-Script
    1. # cd <imscp_archive># perl imscp-autoinstall -dar po

To rebuild and install your own version of the maildrop package, just run the following commands

Shell-Script
    1. # mkdir -p /usr/local/src/maildrop && cd /usr/local/src/maildrop# apt-get install courier-authlib-dev devscripts build-essential && apt-get source maildrop# mk-build-deps --install maildrop-*/debian/control# cd maildrop-* # dch -l imscp "Compile with Courier authlib"# dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us# cd ..# dpkg -i maildrop_*.deb# apt-get purge maildrop-build-deps courier-authlib-dev devscripts build-essential

Once done, you must check that support for the courier authentication library is back by running the following command:

Shell-Script
    1. # maildrop -v

Expected result:

Shell-Script
    1. root@jessie:/usr/local/src/maildrop# maildrop -v
    2. maildrop 2.7.1 Copyright 1998-2005 Double Precision, Inc.
    3. GDBM/DB extensions enabled.
    4. Courier Authentication Library extension enabled.
    5. Maildir quota extension are now always enabled.
    6. This program is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public
    7. License. See COPYING for additional information.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206