Can you replace the apache with nginx

• i appreciate the work, but am I missing something? why would anyone use nginx as a back-end instead of getting rid of apache altogether? an nginx back-end still has the bottleneck of apache at the front. that's like trying to push a dump truck with a porsche. i don't understand the benefit?

• i appreciate the work, but am I missing something? why would anyone use nginx as a back-end instead of getting rid of apache altogether? an nginx back-end still has the bottleneck of apache at the front. that's like trying to push a dump truck with a porsche. i don't understand the benefit?

+100

If we provide support for nginx alone, I understand the gain but if we use if only as frontal I do not.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

nginx has more specific structure. The frontend+backend gives:
    - nginx will take static tasks, that will optimise CPU load (frontend)
    - apache will take htdocs, mod_rewrite, etc (backend)...
    - As for nginx configuration backend. It has been done so, in case that you will no need to change the apache configuration. iptables is for fixing this issue.

so, in this case, it will optimise you about 30% of CPU and 40% of RAM, of cause depends on load. Also if apache is going down, our sites will work.
    It's an engine of porche for the dump track, with the full rebuild.

As a proof first | second| In English

UPD: Nginx as standalone is fast, but not so powerful engine. It hasn't htdocs support, rewrite support... All of that you will need to write directly to the nginx configuration every time.

• Hello

DragonZX

Ok then, will be revisited and integrated in rc2 ASAP; Maybe a pull request will come?

Thanks you for your works.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• Hello The script and manual are not suitable for the configuration of i-MSCP with multiple external IP. The reason is that in the config rigidly prescribed 1 IP, which subsequently registers in Vhosts Nginx. But even if * is specified instead of IP, Nginx to listen on all addresses, the result does not register variable proxy_pass, it looks like http:// *: 80;

So the script requires honest improvements, it would be possible to retrieve data from the database. :huh: