Can you replace the apache with nginx

• Can you replace the apache with nginx? If it is possible,How to?

• You can use Apache+NGINX as front end/back end.

• When you add it yourself, maybe you can provide a Patch :)

This patch was created for ISP-Control Omega in Russian Corner by developer Koffu. This patch is a script that can generate nginx.conf and vhost.conf. I tested on Omega, Easyscp and IMSCP.But in the IMSP configuration is different from the other panels listed above.
    Documentation you can find this (only Russian lang). If you need help, you can turn to DragonZX.
    I hope that your team will help Omega & Easyscp in development.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English

Edited once, last by stopkadr ().

• Thanks for the informations.
    But we have a lot of doings in i-MSCP. There is no time to develop for other panels.
    And If you have a look in the history of ispcp you will find out that some Dev left this project and now they are working for i-MSCP.
    EasyCP is the same like ispcp. Yes... Some issues are fixed there, but nothing else. And they moved to smarty...
    If you have time, so you can translate us the instruction from russia to english.
    That will be a good work..

• OK. This is my translation of tutorial. Sorry for my bad English.
    1. Install mod_rpaf:

Code
    1. # aptitude install libhtml-parser-perl libwww-perl libcompress-zlib-perl apache2-prefork-dev

Code
    1. # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart# cd /usr/local/src# wget http://stderr.net/apache/rpaf/download/mod_rpaf-0.6.tar.gz# tar xzf mod_rpaf-0.6.tar.gz# cd mod_rpaf-0.6# apxs2 -i -c -n mod_rpaf-2.0.so mod_rpaf-2.0.c# nano /etc/apache2/mods-available/rpaf-2.0.load

edit rpaf-2.0.load:

PHP
    1. LoadModule rpaf_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_rpaf-2.0.soRPAFenable OnRPAFsethostname OnRPAFproxy_ips 127.0.0.0 192.168.1.225[/php]where 192.168.1.225 is ip of your serverEnable mod_rpaf:[code]# a2enmod rpaf-2.0

Restart Apache2:

Code
    1. # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Edited once, last by stopkadr ().

• Thank you for the Howto.

I will take a look inside. Maybe it's possible to add the Patch tp the installtion Process of i-MSCP. So user can choose during install or Upgrade, to enable nginx :)

Edit:

On Wheezy we have: nginx 1.1.19-1

Edited once, last by xorg ().