phpMyAdmin still gets not updated

• As @Nuxwin told me I could not use PMA with mysql 5.1.
    Therefore I did an update to mysql 5.5 and ran perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-setup -d. But PMA is still on version 4.0.10. Is there anything else I need to take care of?

i-MSCP 1.1.17
    debian squeeze 6.0.10
    PHP 5.4.35-1~dotdeb.0
    mysql 5.5.38-1~dotdeb.0

i-MSCP 1.5.3

• Hello ;

You have done the upgrade in wrong way... and on next i-MSCP upgrade, you'll have some problems because the i-MSCP installer doesn't know much about the MySQL server version 5.5 which is provided by the dotdeb repository. Normally, to switch to another SQL server, you must rerun the imscp-autoinstall script as follow imscp-autoinstall -dr sql but it's now too late...

Well, for now, you can fix your problem as follow:

Edit the /etc/imscp/imscp.conf file and at bottom, change the SQL_SERVER parameter value to mysql_5.5 manually. Once done, rerun the imscp-setup script and normally, your PhpMyAdmin version will get updated.

Note: On the next iMSCP upgrade (when you'll run the imscp-autoinstall script), you'll have some problems (see above)). Thus, you'll have to edit the squeeze packages file to add the MySQL server version 5.5 as provided by the dotdeb repository. I bet you 'll ask me in time for that ;)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Re;

I don't talk only about the pinning ;) You'll have to add a new section for mysql_5.5 with your own repository (dotdeb) to make the installer aware of this alternative ;) Look at the packages files to understand how you can add your own sections using your own repositories.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206