CatchAll stole mails

• Hello there,

sorry for the topic, but dont know how to call it ;)

I set up a few mailadresses and everything works fine. Now i added a Catch-All to my domain and everymail sends to [email protected] comes perfectyl to my Catch-All Account.

BUT every mail to an existing mail account doesnt arrive there, but land in my catch all. Am i doing something wrong or it that a horrible bug? Can someone test it?

Apr 10 02:09:57 srv07 postfix/qmgr[27885]: 3C1A19E611B2: from=<[email protected]>, size=2173, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Apr 10 02:09:57 srv07 dovecot: deliver([email protected]): msgid=<CAMn2T1wdw_5+fCz_KbZgO1TJ8vzy+khW9PS2Ej9A2djBsRj2+[email protected]>: saved mail to INBOX
    Apr 10 02:09:57 srv07 postfix/pipe[16045]: 3C1A19E611B2: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=dovecot, delay=0.75, delays=0.61/0/0/0.13, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via dovecot service)
    Apr 10 02:09:57 srv07 postfix/qmgr[27885]: 3C1A19E611B2: removed

Solution see last post!

Edited once, last by FraggDieb ().

• Hm, this sounds really weird.

I'd check the postfix hash files (aliases - that's IMHO the point where the catch-all comes) maybe the order of the entries is important (but I thought postfix can handle this better...)

Otherwise asl postfix directly: sendmail -bv [email protected]
    this will send an email to root with more infos where this mail will go...

I checked on my system and there it works as it should.

/J

Edited once, last by joximu ().

• This is really sensless :D
    Can u send me a Log-Output from the incomming mail to an existing mailadress with catch-all activated?
    So i can see the difference? Dont know whats wrong there.

• /etc/postfix/imscp/aliases:
    [email protected][email protected]
    @domain.ch [email protected]

mail to [email protected]:
    Apr 9 15:32:17 s postfix/smtpd[11526]: ECC534F4005C: client=web1.acsi.eu[80.95.166.129]
    Apr 9 15:32:18 s postfix/cleanup[11651]: ECC534F4005C: message-id=<[email protected]>
    Apr 9 15:32:18 s postfix/qmgr[1971]: ECC534F4005C: from=<[email protected]>, size=3142, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Apr 9 15:32:18 s postfix/smtpd[11526]: disconnect from web1.acsi.eu[80.95.166.129]
    Apr 9 15:32:18 s dovecot: deliver([email protected]): msgid=<[email protected]>: saved mail to INBOX
    Apr 9 15:32:18 s postfix/pipe[11652]: ECC534F4005C: to=<[email protected]>, relay=dovecot, delay=0.48, delays=0.26/0/0/0.22, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via dovecot service)
    Apr 9 15:32:18 s postfix/qmgr[1971]: ECC534F4005C: removed

catchall (spam):
    Apr 8 07:57:47 s postfix/smtpd[27568]: 05B0C4F4005C: client=unknown[83.70.80.130]
    Apr 8 07:57:47 s postfix/cleanup[27570]: 05B0C4F4005C: message-id=<[email protected]>
    Apr 8 07:57:47 s postfix/qmgr[1971]: 05B0C4F4005C: from=<[email protected]>, size=1341, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Apr 8 07:57:47 s postfix/smtpd[27568]: disconnect from unknown[83.70.80.130]
    Apr 8 07:57:47 s dovecot: deliver([email protected]): msgid=<[email protected]>: saved mail to INBOX
    Apr 8 07:57:47 s postfix/pipe[27571]: 05B0C4F4005C: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=dovecot, delay=0.61, delays=0.46/0/0/0.14, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via dovecot service)
    Apr 8 07:57:47 s postfix/qmgr[1971]: 05B0C4F4005C: removed

/J

• mh logs seem to be nearly the same ... What build do you use?
    Any other idea where to search :x ?

Damn i need the Catch-All very quickly because i migrated with my main site to our new i-mscp Server and i used some XYZAdresses for trash but dont know if theres maybe comming an importand mail ...

• I use a version from december - but I don't think that i-mscp can chang this behaviour.

It's a postfix thing IMHO...

http://www.postfix.org/virtual.5.html
    Table Search Order -> there it's written that user@domain has highest precedence - at least before @domain entries... so there's something wrong in your postfix... - not in i.mscp.

/J

• Hello,

in the last days i did some tests to find more informations about this probem and i think here is something really strange.
    So here are my results of testing:

I added the Catch-All for DomainA.de and added a Mail-Account [email protected] ... After i send a Email to [email protected] the Mail only was in the mailaccount but NOT at the Catch-All-Account.

I deleted everything and added the Mail-Account [email protected] and first and then the CatchAll-Account. After i send another Email to [email protected] the Mail was ONLY in the Catch-All Account. I was able to reproduce this problem for every Domain-Account. So the problem is, that rule/account which was added at least, will get the email. But in no case both of them. So i do not no any further info to fix this problem...But this is really a big problem! And it makes no differece which of them (Catch-All or Mail-Account) is on the first place in /etc/postfix/imscp/aliases ...

So please .. help me find this problem ... I do not know if this a problem of imscp or postfix ... i really do not know WHERE this problem starts so... anyone an idea?

And sorry for the bad english ... school is a long time ago ;)

// Edit:
    Maybe a simple mindfuck and this was planed to be right that a mail wont deliver to the catch-all if the account exists? If yes ... So you have simply go to at the Catch-All at first and than at the other mail-accounts? Than everything looks right or? ... but when i add the mailaccounts first and then the catch-all (in my case) no mail will be delivered to the mailaccounts.. maybe this is a bug? ... Im very confused at the moment :D

My problem is, that i need the catch-all function but every mailaccount is setup already and cant be recreated. There are over 5000 mails in there :D

• I think I go the problem.

the entry in aliases is not made in every case - obviously only when it's a forwarding - or when a catchall is enabled...

I'll open a ticket.

You can solve it for the moment by adding all mail addresses (of the domain with catch all) to aliases:

just like this.

also do it in the working copy... and don't forget the postmal command.

/Joxi

• Hello,

thanks for that info but i didnt get everything :D

I did some further tests and it seems to be very strange. In some cases the Catchall is added in the database but not in the aliases file ... I dont know how to fix this for customers but it works if they create the catch-all first and add than the mail accounts. But this isnt a good workaround!

And i cant add for every customer the catch all in die aliases manually. So is there any hint or bugfix that can be applied?

I see someone added the ticket 5 days ago .. i forgot it ... shame on me :x

http://trac.i-mscp.net/ticket/415

//EDIT:

I tested your hint with a seperate useraccount but it didnt works for me. The only thing is to add the Catchall first and then the mail-adresses. But wats with useraccounts which added the mailaccounts first?