php-gd not working

• I have encounter a problem with one of our hosted sites, that use gd to display thumbnails and those images did not appear. In phpinfo, GD was loaded and everything looks OK. After searching the web, I have discovered a thread that was recommending to install libapache2-mod-php5. Problem solved, after the install, all the images are OK.

One thing I notice, during the libapache2-mod-php5 installation,

What do you think about the request to replace apache2-mpm worker with apache2-mpm prefork? Is that OK?

• Hello ;

Prefork is old and not fast as mpm-worker. gd is working also with mpm-worker. For instance, we are using it in i-MSCP to create lostpassword code images.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• I saw that, the worker works with multithreading CPU and for that is faster. Well, I don't get it, why GD was not working and the solution was to install that package (libapache2-mod-php5).

• This is not a way... Whatever, it's your server ;)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• What version of php do you use?

When gd is showing as loaded in php. ini then you have a problem with the script it want to use gd.

mod_php ia crap. Only onr php. ini for all websites and not really a solution.

• Certainly that was not the way. It caused some problems on i-mscp and some websites so I remove the libapache2-mod-php5.Now, back to the original config.

PHP 5.5.9, on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.