Dear translators ;
Our translations management rules were updated as follow:
Translation resource files
Each i-MSCP serie (1.1.x, 1.2.x, 2.0.x...) must have it own translation resource file on Transifex. This is needed because many changes can be made in translation resource files between each serie. However, only the translation files from the current and the previous i-MSCP series must be maintained. For instance, when the first version from next 1.2.x serie will be released, translators will have to maintain in order:
- The translation files for the new 1.2.x serie
- The translation files for the older 1.1.x serie (for 6 months at least)
Then, when the first version from the next serie 1.3.0 will be released, translators will have to maintain in order:
- The translation files for the new 1.3.0 serie
- The translation files for the older 1.2.x serie (for 6 months at least)
And so on...
We know that this mean more work for our translators but we have many users which prefer wait a bit before upgrading their systems to the newest i-MSCP serie. This explain why we decided to support the older series during 6 months after the release of a final version in the new serie.
Translation resource files update
- Translation resource files on transifex must be updated each time a translation string is updated on github. This task must be automated.
Pull of translation files from Transifex in Github branches
- Pull of translation files must be done prior any translation resource file update. This avoid to override last translator names.
- After any pull, translation files must be checked using the msgfmt command. If a translation string is wrong in a specific translation file (eg. missing parameter), the string must be reseted to untranslated state on transifex and translation files must be pulled again.