Migration from ispCP to i-MSCP

• If mysql is not running you can't install imscp...
    Look in your logs to identify the problem... As i remember my klast upgrade to squeeze you should install mysql-server manually...
    After this everything works again.

No... Your idea wil not work... You need to migrate!

• ok, mysql is running again.

when i run the installer:

Start the installation of the system (as you would for a new install), but IMPORTANT, when you see the i-mscp setup screen. SAY NO, because you've to continue using the console instead of this installer.

the first screen is just the OK page, the second one is dedecting the OS. Should i say NO there? or futher on?

thank you

• Installer can be splited into two parts.
    1st packages installation.
    2nd i-mscp installation

You install all packages until you get direct question about i-MSCP installation. So the step You described You pick "yes" and move on with packages installation.

Edited once, last by Raisen ().

• Installer can be splited into two parts.
    1st packages installation.
    2nd i-mscp installation

You install all packages until you get direct question about i-MSCP installation. So the step You described You pick "yes" and move on with packages installation.

thanks, did that, in the migration script it hangs on step 2 (test supported version) at 16% for 20 min now. When i try to start it again it does the same..

any suggestions?

• You don't provide enough informations...

The best we can do is to provide some direct support.
    Join us on IRC. You can find informations on website. I think someone will be able to help You.

Edited once, last by Raisen ().

• You don't provide enough informations...

The best we can do is to provide some direct support.
    Join us on IRC. You can find informations on website. I think someone will be able to help You.

thanks for all the help. running now i-mscp :)

1 more question :) i missed the prefix (in front) for mysql in the setup, can i change that somewhere and does that effect the allready made DB's ?

• May somebody can help me during my brain-storming proccess :D

I need to upgrade my ispCP 1.0.5 Server to i-MSCP (of course).
    The reason why i stay at 1.0.5 is that there some modifications done like dovecot instead courier, Maia Mailguard, Roundcube...
    So i have two way´s that i see to reach the goal.

1.) Create a new Server with ispCP 1.0.7 and try to migrate from 1.0.5 as good as it work.
    Then Upgrade from 1.0.7 to i-MSCP. And later sync the dovecot maildirs.

2.) Create a new i-MSCP Server and try to handle a migration from ispCP 1.0.5 to i-MSCP with all reasons and problems.

The main problem here are the vu2xxx Users for the correct permissions and the MySQL Databases (with infront prefix) the should stay as they are.
    There is no manpower to correct every DB-Connect in the custom Webapps.

Or did a forget a complete new way ?
    What´s the best to do it ?

Thanks & Greez
    BeNe

• i think best is 1 because will also clean any database orphan entries.

• First migration is done very well. Recheck the main services now.

- error pages and maybe also the disabled pages are not changed. Still ispCP style what i saw.

- courier is still installed and running if dovecot is selected.

That are all minor problems. But if someone can confirm it i would open a ticket.

Greez
    BeNe