hows does the installer handle updates ?

• I was wondering, is there a way to make the installer handle updates.
    Right now it just tells you to select another folder, as joomla 2.5.1 is already installed in the one you selected.
    Or will any update to an already installed version have to be done manually from joomla.

The problem is also, if a client already have installed the 2.5.1 package and then I remove it and upload the new 2.5.2 package, then the client wont be able to use the uninstall funktion, cause the package is gone from the list.

Edited once, last by denully ().

• ok :)

Ill upload the new packages with 2.5.1 to you, then you can update them in the repository if you like.
    its not really that hard to just ask a client to go in with ftp and delete all the files if they need to remove joomla again :) and joomla 2.5 can upload easy from within the system, just wanted to be sure, before i started uploading packages.

joomla 2.5.2 :
    Danish
    English
    Swedish
    Deutch

Edited once, last by denully ().

• Oh it actually does say:

"Installed Package which was deleted by your reseller.
    This Package (Joomla - Dansk, V2.5.1) was deleted by your reseller. You can only uninstall this package!
    Please delete the files and database for this package manually!"

at the clients view :)

• That's normal.. :)
    You deleted the package 2.5.1. So the installer package doesn't exist anymore..
    There is no chance do delete all the files with the installer.
    The new packages will be updated this week...

EDIT
    I only need the update files...
    The packages will be updated with the new files...
    Database will not changed... And the installscript doesn't change too.

Edited once, last by TheCry ().

• its nice that it writes that they just need to manually remove the files and such :)

ah ok, the updated files are here (from the joomla site)
    The install script changes with the version number though ? :) from 2.5.1 to 2.5.2