Problem with HDD-space

• oh boy - if you start playing you start finding problems...
    i bet it's an easy one for you or it's not even a problem with imscp, but maybe you can help.

setup was great - now with your help everything is running smoothly.
    i tried to upload some large backup-file from another server. problem here: seems like the /var/www/virtual folder is inside the rootfs mountpoint:

Code
    1. Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    2. rootfs 20G 9.3G 8.9G 52% /
    3. /dev/root 20G 9.3G 8.9G 52% /
    4. devtmpfs 7.8G 0 7.8G 0% /dev
    5. tmpfs 1.6G 324K 1.6G 1% /run
    6. tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
    7. tmpfs 3.4G 0 3.4G 0% /dev/shm
    8. /dev/md2 898G 3.2G 849G 1% /home

and 20g is kind of small...
    do i need to create a larger rootfs partition from the beginning or can i tell imscp to put the folder holding the webpages somewhere else?

again i hope i did not ask a question which has already been discussed here, but i did not find anythin using the search.

greets and thanks again,
    aian

• Hello ;

This problem is not due to i-MSCP in anyway. You are using a specific FS setup (surely a OVH Kimsufi server)... Give me some minutes to write the procedure to follow.

Edit: I must eat before ;)
    BTW: I hope you'll not have too much Mail/MySQL data too :D

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• not that much data - just testing everything before moving the "real data" and databases :)

awsome work man! get your food first - i can wait!

• This partition-layout is uneligable for a webserver. In my opionion, at least 4 partitions are necessary:

a) /
    Don't has to be discussed I'd say :-)
    b) /var
    Your logs are seperated from the webspaces. So if the partition with the webspaces is full, logging still works (an vice-versa). Depending on your system an additional partition for mailspace is also not bad.
    c) /var/www/virtual
    Webspace seperated - as described in (b).
    d) /tmp
    Doesn't have to be huge, but it's good to have it seperated from /.

• sounds like a plan - but i guess i will need to reinstall the server and everything again if i choose this procedure, right?
    if nuxwin knows another way i would be glad to hear it :)

• Re;

Sorry for the delay... Can we do that via teamviewer?

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• sounds like a plan - but i guess i will need to reinstall the server and everything again if i choose this procedure, right?

Well, for sure it's possible to do that without doing a reinstall. But to be honest, it requires deep linux-knowledge, especially when it comes to raid-configurations, because you have to be familiar with fdisk and mdadm. If you don't want to use a new partition-layout, it's not that difficult (but still requires some basic knowledge):

First I'd create a folder called "backup" in / and move all files from /home to it. /home should now be empty. After then all daemons should be stopped (cron, postfix, apache, dovecot, bind, mysql (!)...) and the data of /var needs to be rsynced to /home. Additionaly, better make a backup of /var (e.g. using tar/gz) and also move this archive to /home. Now, /var can be cleaned, /home [/dev/md2] can be unmounted and remounted to /var subsequently. Don't forget to change the mount-target of /dev/md2 in /etc/fstab. After doing this and if you didn't make any mistakes, all daemons can be restarted and should run as before.

But keep in mind: don't "overload" /home after doing that as now it's part of /-partition.