migration imscp > imscp bad user name

• I try to migrate a imscp (same ispcp versions) system in a Vbox, it stopped during migration process because of a invalid ssl cert warning ...
    after that i restarted
    perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-setup --debug

and I get:

Code
    1. rebuilding customer files
    2. iMSCP::Rights::_set: /bin/chown: invalid user: `vu2278:vu2278'
    3. Servers::httpd::apache_fcgi::start: apache2: bad user name vu2278
    4. iMSCP::Debug::END: Exit code: 1

so I have deleted this system user and set this domain back tochange

same error comes up again
    bad user name vu2278

Edited once, last by fulltilt ().

• Search in the database and also in the system for an user "vu2278"

PS: this error is not an invalid ssl cert warning. Was there another error message, too?

Edited once, last by mafioso ().

• the first error stop happened with invalid cert message...
    I will check and re-run and try to find the reason for that

Hello;

Result of:

Code
    1. # mysql -u root -p<password>> SELECT admin_sys_name, admin_sys_uid, admin_sys_gname, admin_sys_gid, admin_status FROM admin;

and

Code
    1. # getent passwd

and

Code
    1. # getent group

???

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• this system has been migrated from ispcp, the imscp debugger looking good (status ok) ...

Code
    1. - installed same imscp version on new server- used from original server1. mysql import2. /var/www/imscp and /etc/imscp/imscp.conf and imscp-db-keys and /etc/mysql/debian.cnfimscp.conf is using "ispcp" database from migrationcd /usr/local/srccd imscp-1.1.0-rc4.7perl imscp-autoinstall --debugselected > buildperl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-setup --debug

Code
    1. [ERROR]main::setupRebuildCustomerFiles: [ERROR]Servers::httpd::apache_fcgi::restart: apache2: bad user name vu2278iMSCP::Debug::END: Exit code: 1

OUTPUT:

• this system has been migrated from ispcp, the imscp debugger looking good (status ok) ...

Code
    1. - installed same imscp version on new server- used from original server1. mysql import2. /var/www/imscp and /etc/imscp/imscp.conf and imscp-db-keys and /etc/mysql/debian.cnfimscp.conf is using "ispcp" database from migrationcd /usr/local/srccd imscp-1.1.0-rc4.7perl imscp-autoinstall --debugselected > buildperl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-setup --debug

Code
    1. [ERROR]main::setupRebuildCustomerFiles: [ERROR]Servers::httpd::apache_fcgi::restart: apache2: bad user name vu2278iMSCP::Debug::END: Exit code: 1

OUTPUT:

Hello ;

Some field are missing in your database. Do you want online support?

• strange ... because all other user has been created except the last one, fcgid starter files also missing for this user
    I'll try to remove all user and apache, imscp configs and re-run the script
    [hr]

Some field are missing in your database. Do you want online support?

thanks Nuxwin,
    I have two rc4.7 and one rc4.6 installation, I also checked the imscp database from a clean rc4.7 installation but there is no admin_sys_name inside admin table ...
    [hr]
    after deleting user and groups incl. configs I get the same error again, here is the user log:

Code
    1. [Wed Dec 18 10:58:23 2013] [debug] iMSCP::Dir::owner: Changing owner and group for /var/www/fcgi/mydomain.tld to -1:-1
    2. [Wed Dec 18 10:58:23 2013] [debug] iMSCP::Dir::make: Creating directory /var/www/fcgi/mydomain.tld/php5
    3. [Wed Dec 18 10:58:23 2013] [debug] iMSCP::Dir::mode: Changing mode for /var/www/fcgi/mydomain.tld/php5 to 550
    4. [Wed Dec 18 10:58:23 2013] [debug] iMSCP::Dir::owner: Changing owner and group for /var/www/fcgi/mydomain.tld/php5 to -1:-1
    5. [Wed Dec 18 10:58:23 2013] [debug] iMSCP::Execute::execute: Execute /bin/chmod 0750 /var/www/virtual/mydomain.tld
    6. [Wed Dec 18 10:58:23 2013] [debug] iMSCP::Execute::getExitCode: External command exited with value 0
    7. [Wed Dec 18 10:58:23 2013] [debug] iMSCP::Execute::execute: Execute /bin/chown vu2278:vu2278 /var/www/virtual/mydomain.tld
    8. [Wed Dec 18 10:58:23 2013] [debug] iMSCP::Execute::getExitCode: External command exited with value 1
    9. [Wed Dec 18 10:58:23 2013] [error] iMSCP::Rights::_set: /bin/chown: invalid user: `vu2278:vu2278'
    10. [Wed Dec 18 10:58:23 2013] [debug] iMSCP::Database::mysql::mysql::doQuery: UPDATE `domain` SET `domain_status` = ? WHERE `domain_id` = ? with: iMSCP::Rights::_set: /bin/chown: invalid user: `vu2278:vu2278', 275

• I have checked all the tables, there is no error inside and tried
    also a few new installations with a new debian system ...
    same error message with every new installation

Code
    1. Servers::httpd::apache_fcgi::start: apache2: bad user name vu2278
    2. iMSCP::Debug::END: Exit code: 1

migration imscp > imscp fails
    [hr]
    ### edit ###

i noticed that the user web for vu2278 get the owner as vu2177
    but this user is still in use ???

in /var/www/fcgi
    the folder has been created but it's empty with user root
    [hr]
    ### EDIT ###
    if I copy the fcgid-starter and php.ini from another user into the empty folder of vu2278 and start over, it works

Congratulation .. successfully updated
    :D

but strange ... what do you think?

• Re ;

Sorry, my previous answer was based on the fact that I've thinked that you used Git Master. Well, if you need online support, feel free. Btw, don't say that new install (true new install) do not work. if this was the case, the forum would be plain of error report like this.

• Re ;

Sorry, my previous answer was based on the fact that I've thinked that you used Git Master. Well, if you need online support, feel free. Btw, don't say that new install (true new install) do not work. if this was the case, the forum would be plain of error report like this.

Thank You,
    I'm not sure if it's a bug or not ... but it could be solved only by manually created fcgid-starter and php.ini for this user ...
    after that all the uid and gid were correct after migration of imscp to another server.

## edit ##
    nice, an update after migration worked without problems (very fast)

P.S.
    new installation and also migration from ispcp works perfect ;-)
    You did a great job!