iMSCP 1.1.0 and dovecot in ubuntu lucid

• When I try update from 1.0.3 to 1.1.0.rc4.1 setup script abort with error about dovecot-mysql package not found.

This package is not present in Ubuntu Lucid. Any way to fix it?

Note: I tried upgrade to precise but, at restart many services give a lot of errors, so, I think better for me, upgrade iMSCP to 1.1.0 first, then upgrade ubuntu to precise.

Thanks

• Hello ;

I've fixed this issues in last Git Master. See https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…def23f1d5f98725bfcd312113

Well, you have two choices to fix your server now:

• Update to Git Master
    • Edit the docs/Ubuntu/packages-lucid.xml to remove the dovecot-mysql package manually and then, run the installer

BTW: If you need online support, send me your teamviewer IDS.

Thanks you for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• Done. Works fines, just upgraded. I used first option, manually delete dovecto-mysql package and run installer.

All works fines for now, but, when I try to execute "plugins settings" from Settings in Admin Panel, give me error:

Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'onBeforeDeleteDomain' in /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/Demo/Demo.php on line 214

In 1.0.3 plugins settings work fine.

Thanks for your support.

SaludOS/2

• Re;

Well, this plugin has not been tested with last rc. Just remove the /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/Demo directory and update the plugin list. I'll update this plugin ASAP.

• Well, now I have all working and system updated to Precise.

But, when in Lucid, I had two small issues with packages:

1) dovecot: because my ISP haven't ipv6 yet, when dovecot try to run, fail with "warning: inet_protocols: IPv6 support is disabled: Address family not supported by protocol". These error fix adding "listen: *" at top of dovecof.conf file.

2) dovecot: fixed previous issue, i found another with dovecot: "fatal: pipe_command: execvp /usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-lda: No such file or directory", in lucid, there is no dovecot-lda package. To fix that, i changed in master.cf, at last line:

dovecot unix - n n - - pipe
    flags=DRhu user=vmail:mail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-lda -f ${sender} -d ${recipient}

by old line:

dovecot unix - n n - - pipe
    flags=DROhu user=vmail:mail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -f ${sender} -d ${recipient} -s

essencially, using deliver command instead dovecot-lda.

Now, I'm seeking for docs to learn how customize install parameters in bind, apache, postfix and proftpd. In preciuos versions I maked changes in templates, but, i read that's no the way now with 1.1.0.rc4. I read example but i don't know variables for other services like bind or apache. Where can I find docs about it?

Thanks for all.

SaludOS/2

• Well, now I have all working and system updated to Precise.

But, when in Lucid, I had two small issues with packages:

1) dovecot: because my ISP haven't ipv6 yet, when dovecot try to run, fail with "warning: inet_protocols: IPv6 support is disabled: Address family not supported by protocol". These error fix adding "listen: *" at top of dovecof.conf file.

I'll solve this issue ASAP.

You're right there. It's a mistake from my side because /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver is available on all versions. I'll fix that issue in few minutes...

EDIT: Should be fixed in last Git Master. See https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…a3d83b2ad7e4d4ebf7ec516ec

Now, I'm seeking for docs to learn how customize install parameters in bind, apache, postfix and proftpd. In preciuos versions I maked changes in templates, but, i read that's no the way now with 1.1.0.rc4. I read example but i don't know variables for other services like bind or apache. Where can I find docs about it?

Well, the new engine API is not documented yet. We'll document it when the stable version (1.1.0) will be released. ;)

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().