how to setting a second nameservers to 1.1.0 rc3

• Hello

Code
    1. # perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-setup -dar named

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• hi
    i did try that way and something broke and the all sites poof vanished.
    anyway after such time i did a full reinstall again. lol

via install i chosed a master nameserver to be in the default macine thats running imscp and then i chose a slave nameserver ip to be on the same system so in my head im thinking
    198.0.0.100 - master ip
    198.0i.0.101 - slave ip

i rebooted the vps and logged in the the control panrl but i cannot find where to setup the ns records please help

thanks

Edited once, last by testlabs ().

• hi
    im putting this here for anyone in the future who needs a solution for
    using your own domain name as ns 1 and ns2.

what worked for me
    during the installation of imscp i added the 2 ip addresses which came with the vps.

after the installation i created the main domain then check both ip addresses to be used with it

created and configured an email
    i needed a PTR record because without it i was able to send emails but not receive emails. for me i add to wait 3 days for it to fully propagate. the PTR record was set by my vps provider

another issue is if other mail servers cannot obtain a reverse lookup on your domain name then your new server will not get emails, or possibly be listed in the spam register. (so be careful when sending test mails,,, especially to google.. they will send you warnings in you mail.log)

on this installation i chose not to use policy-weight as i noticed that some times the service would die which caused problem.

anyway i hope this will help some one who is not an expert on dns like myself.

:)

Edited once, last by testlabs ().