[Resolved] Migration from ispcp-1.0.7

• Hi, I finally got some time to test this new cp. Since I've some important stuff on the old installs I want to migrate I'll try to document everything for me and the others.
    The first would be to create a entry in the dokuwiki.
    Something like this would be appropiate in the "Installation / Upgrade" area?
    http://wiki.i-mscp.net/doku.php?id=migration_from_ispcp

If you don't like this name anything is fine to me.

See you soon...[hr]
    Ok, just began and got the first problem. The script is located in engine/setup/imscp-migrate-from-ispcp, so I try to run it on a 1.0.7 ispcp system (prior installing anything related to imscp)
    I get this error, it seems that the script doesn't try to pick the old config. Anyone experienced a similar issue?

Thanks a lot

[hr]

UPDATE
    Ok, this first error was my fault, there's an explanation of the process here, on the page like the attached screenshot, you have to say no. After that you can continue.

Files

Edited once, last by aseques ().

• Great Idea. Should i create a new one or want you?

• UPDATE
    Ok, this first error was my fault, there's an explanation of the process here, on the page like the attached screenshot, you have to say no. After that you can continue.

Edited once, last by oldev01 ().

• Ok, I just created the migration document, feel free to change whatever you want. But it should be a basis for other people following the same path.
    http://wiki.i-mscp.net/doku.php?id=migration:ispcp

On my personal case the migration failed, the script run was fine but the ./imscp-setup had problems connecting to the database with the provided credentials (that maybe were wrong) and keep on installing a broken system. Now I should set the password again. I'll check again tomorrow.

• are you the error log or the exact error ?
    are you migrate to beta 4 or to trunk ?

Debian 6 with proxmox 2 - OpenVZ - KVM
    I-mscp 1.0.3.0 migrate from ispcp 1.0.7
    dovecot + zarafa + z-push + maia mail guard + apacheITK

• Ok, I just created the migration document, feel free to change whatever you want. But it should be a basis for other people following the same path.
    http://wiki.i-mscp.net/doku.php?id=migration_from_ispcp

Thank you. And good to have you back. I must renew my invitation to rejoin us. If you want just drop a word ;).

On my personal case the migration failed, the script run was fine but the ./imscp-setup had problems connecting to the database with the provided credentials (that maybe were wrong) and keep on installing a broken system. Now I should set the password again. I'll check again tomorrow.

Weird since before credential are written are tested and if do not work migration should fail. Can you send me log file? (clear passwords)

• UPDATE: Instead of trying to fix the broken install, I rolled back from the backup I had and started the migration again with a sane setup.
    The process went wrong again, but this time I could get the logs.
    I'm trying to upgrade to 1.0.1.5 so maybe there's some svn brokeness added to the process.

Thanks

Files

• Some of the problems you meet are solved by last trunk.
    Also for a full debug you have to enable debug (in imscp.conf you must set DEBUG = 1).
    logs are splited into several file for example you got

Code
    1. [ERROR] [Fri Sep 30 14:14:26 2011] main::mngr_engine_process: Error while processing 4, example.com, change.
    2. [ERROR] [Fri Sep 30 14:14:26 2011] main::mngr_engine_process: See Domain_mngr_example.com.log for details.

Related operation that render to fail goes to Domain_mngr_example.com.log so to be able to see what was the problem we also need that file.
    Also useful is a to post row from database for example.com (to know what data was used).

WARNING:
    LOGS CONTAIN PASSWORDS IN PLAIN TEXT. DO NOT POST LOGS FROM PRODUCTIVE MACHINES WITHOUT CLEANING.

Edited once, last by oldev01 ().

• Hello again, attached to this post there's the log.
    After reading the log, it seems to me that the problem is that the migration process doesn't take care of creating the database imscp, that's probably the problem when updating the databases.
    [hr]
    It was my fault at the end. The mysql user didn't have enought right (it was not a produccion server).
    I would have been nice to get a message saying that imscp was not able to create the database, instead of failing afterwards with another message.

Other than that the process went surprisingly well. Really impressive!

Files