Usernames are domains?

• Hi all.

I am trying to find the perfect system for my servers. I am ex user of Froxlor and I am quite disappointed from it. I am trying i-mscp now, and i am pleasantly surprised with it. Congratulations for the great work!

I have just a few questions about that system, that i want to know before testing it on a real servers.

• I see that usernames are actually domains. I find this uselss. What is the point? Can i set custom usernames to my customers. What happens when customers changes their domains?
    • I see that you used to support OpenSuSe. Are there any plans to support it again. That is my favorite Linux distribution.
    • 3Is there a working plugin that gives me an opportunity to change customers's payment period. It should send them emails automatically if they have to pay.

That is all for now. Thank you.

• Hi,

I see that usernames are actually domains. I find this uselss. What is the point? Can i set custom usernames to my customers. What happens when customers changes their domains?

There is a ticket to change this: http://trac.i-mscp.net/ticket/169

I see that you used to support OpenSuSe. Are there any plans to support it again. That is my favorite Linux distribution.

Supporting many different distributions is high effort, that's why only the most common are supported.

Is there a working plugin that gives me an opportunity to change customers's payment period. It should send them emails automatically if they have to pay.

Payment/Billing related tasks are not part of imscp. There are external tools and plugins you can use.

• I tested your system on my server. It looks fantastic. I may commit sum Bulgarian translation if needed.

This ticket is 2 years old. Is there any real future plans for fixing this? It would be a huge progress.

Thank you! :)

• Maybe a "cosmetic" option could be implemented, like adding a db column and a front end "editable by user" option.
    I don't know if anyone have think that up already, but if you believe this is very important, you can always speed things up by putting your hands dirty and submit a patch!

• I am looking at the architecture of the project. And when I get the idea i will try to commit ;) Thank you :P
    I tried to find a bill plugin but i couldn't. Is there any working one?

• Not yet. for 1.1.0 Stable should be WHMCS Plugin ready ;)

And Boxbilling too. I'll do both in same time (after ApsStandard plugin).

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• Nice, so you will make that billing plugin, but the username==domain think is a problem for me, too. I am going to try to fix it. Can you tell me do i have to refacture a lot of thinks to do this. And where can i get some documentation about the hole project structure?

Thanks.

• Why is the username = domain such a big problem for you? You will have work as a reseller anyway if someone changes his domain. I have never seen this as a blocking issue.

• Well as i already said i want to migrate my Froxlora server to i-mscp. I have customers with usernames and passwords and migrating wound be impossible without i-mscp support usernames.