open a zip file explorer on filemanager

• I want to ask, how do I open a zip file explorer on filemanager or ajax

Files

• unzip.png

(43.49 kB, downloaded 81 times, last: )

Edited once, last by seocentong ().

• I want to ask, how do I open a zip file explorer on filemanager or ajax

Hello ;

If you are asking how to upload a zip file and unzip it in same time via the filemanager (AjaxPlorer) the answer is quick simple: It's not possible (Not allowed by design).

Thank you for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• Hello ;

If you are asking how to upload a zip file and unzip in in same time via the filemanager (AjaxPlorer) the answer is quick simple: It's not possible (Not allowed by design).

Thank you for using i-MSCP

i using ajaxplorer... not unzip menu

• just to clarify things, ftp does not support serverside commands to extract zip or any other archive on the server.
    this is only possible with shell.

there are possible ways to program such feature using ftp to upload a zip, and then with php exec extract them server side, while the client needs to identify the server side path to file by its username or something (server side path /var/www/virtual/domain.tld/htdocs/ vs ftp path /htdocs/), then again filesystem permission could block the way (ajaxplorer owner vu2000, domain owner vu20xx and what if the ftp path is not default.... thousands if and whens. forget it :)

another way is to let ajaxplorer extract the archive before upload on the client system into a temporary folder and upload the extracted files and subfolders automatically. for this, like g00vER said, you could ask ajaxplorer devs about it.

• this is one feature that I miss from the old ftp client (though I think it's possible with net2ftp), but ajaxplorer is great. The only thing that is sorely needed is the ability to see .htaccess files. something that can only be set by admin, but we don't have admin settings with this deployment.

• imho when you install imscp you can choose net2ftp client. you sure it supports extracting archives on the server?

• unzip befor upload or unzip via SSH...