Need to rebuild dns zones before migration...

• sci2tech, we spoke in IRC a while back and you said you could throw together a script/feature to rebuild DNS zones should it need to be done, as its the one thing that isn't easily recoverable as far as system configuration goes for ispcp/i-mscp currently.

Did you get anywhere on this? I'd still like to migrate, but with currently out of sync dns zones, all the "change" operations fail... :(

Thanks!

• You could rebuild all config files include the dns zones with this method:

1, delete the current config files
    2, change the status of the domains/aliases/etc... in the database

SQL
    1. UPDATE `domain` SET `domain_status` = 'change' WHERE `domain_status` = 'ok';
    2. UPDATE `subdomain` SET `subdomain_status` = 'change' WHERE `subdomain_status` = 'ok';
    3. UPDATE `domain_aliasses` SET `alias_status` = 'change' WHERE `alias_status` = 'ok';
    4. UPDATE `subdomain_alias` SET `subdomain_alias_status` = 'change' WHERE `subdomain_alias_status` = 'ok';
    5. UPDATE `mail_users` SET `status` = 'change' WHERE `status` = 'ok';

3, run the request manager manually

i-MSCP: GIT 1.5.3-maintenance branch

• @PGentoo, sunday I`ll merge my branche to trunk. After that migration will no longer require zones db to be ok.

• I tried that, and it seems that the dns zones are the one part that need to be perfect before change operations can complete.

Sci2tech confirmed this in IRC. :)

• With trunk zone db is not required anymore. just set all statuses to ok then you can migrate

• With trunk zone db is not required anymore. just set all statuses to ok then you can migrate

great, thanks!

Whats your confidence on quality of thr current trunk? Just wondering if I should wait for the next beta release before attempting migration or if it is pretty bug free now...